Fluent Giveaways Thread

D

Deleted User

Hey folks! :)

I am accepting ideas and suggestions about which games to give away next. You can submit your votes for games that you would like to see me give away in the future by posting in the Steam forum thread, here -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FluentsRPGWorld/discussions/0/530649887217244427/

You can also post your suggestions and ideas in this thread here and I will count them as well, but it would be easier for me to just post them in the Steam thread. :)

Also, sign up here for my Geneforge giveaway, as you probably saw it posted here in the news section, this is a friendly reminder to jump in before it's too late! :) You can sign up here -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FluentsRPGWorld/discussions/0/530649887213451153/

Finally, I'm open to ideas for games to play and general discussion on how to improve my channel. I started doing some fun things like polishing my audio recordings as well as making thumbnails for every video I make now, and I look forward to doing more of this type of stuff to make the channel a better overall experience for everyone. So, let me know what you think in this thread. :)

Winners for the Geneforge giveaway will be drawn next Monday, so make sure to get your entries in! Best of luck to all of you and I'll see you there. :)

- Fluent

IMO, Fluent, the problem with your Google site (and also Couch's forum) is that the design layout does not foster community interaction. The structure swamps discussion under the volume of news articles.

If you look at RPGwatch front page, although it looks a bit dated, the balance of the layout is excellent - news stories, latest forum posts, latest responses to news, current poll, etc. I think this design is very beneficial for encouraging community development.

If you are serious about being a "YouTuber" then you first must start to take it seriously like any job.

First like any job where you are trying to sell yourself to the public you have to sell what they want and they my buy what you want to sell them.

You can have the best quality videos, best sound etc. and no one will care if they don't care what the product is.

So you like games that most have played 100 years ago or independent games. That really isn't going to build your base of views now is it?

The most hyped game in many years came out this year and you didn't play it never mind review it. Take whatever game reviewer or company out there and they all did.

You have to ask yourself this, why? The simple answer is because everyone was looking for information about the game.

If you want to promote just the independent games you love on your channel that is fine and chance are you will be right where you are now. Not because you are doing a bad job because people don't know or care about those games

So if you did the newer games and had those games there it would bring people in and they might click on one of these other games and just might like it.

Other than that don't use your channel for asking for money for any reason it is not only unprofessional it is in bad taste. Learn that not everyone is going to like what you like and saying it over and over again in different ways turn them off. Except the fact just because you like it doesn't mean they will…

Thanks for the feedback, Ripper!

The Google+ page is mostly just RPG news right now. We have occasional discussions of the news posts that Couch posts, but it's more of a quick page to get some up-to-date news. It's not necessarily an old-school forum like RPGWatch is. Couch doesn't have a site anymore, by the way. He only posts in my Google+ Group.

You may like the Steam Group better, since it has an old-school forum and it's easier to have longer conversations going on about various RPG-related topics.

I'm still trying to figure these things out and learning as I go. Right now my Google+ page is serving as a little news community, but who knows what the future holds. We are all just experimenting and trying to figure out the best way to do things. :)

IMO, Fluent, the problem with your Google site (and also Couch's forum) is that the design layout does not foster community interaction. The structure swamps discussion under the volume of news articles.

If you look at RPGwatch front page, although it looks a bit dated, the balance of the layout is excellent - news stories, latest forum posts, latest responses to news, current poll, etc. I think this design is very beneficial for encouraging community development.

And if you have an idea of how we can utilize Google+ better, please do let me know. There aren't many options on the site as far as I can tell that really change how the core site functions.

So far we have...

Votes - Game

3 - Serpents in the Staglands
2 - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
1 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Get your votes in and don't forget - you can suggest games other than these 3! If you'd like me to give away any RPG of your choice, feel free to let me know which one it is and everyone will vote on it.

Good luck to those entered in the Geneforge giveaway! Only a few more days left to enter. :)

Fluent,

May I suggest Underrail ?

henriquejr, That is an excellent suggestion. Thanks!

To recap

3 - Serpents in the Staglands
1 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
1 - UnderRail

Keep the votes coming. :)

Any other suggestions for games I should give away? o_O

By the way, the Geneforge contest ends in 2 days, so make sure to get your entries in. :)

The Geneforge contest is over. Thanks to those who entered and congrats to the winners! :)

Here is the current list to be voted on for which games to giveaway next!

4 - Serpents in the Staglands
2 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
2 - UnderRail
1 - Heroes of Might and Magic 7
1 - Uninvited: MacVenture Series
1 - Royal Bounty HD
1 - Eader: Masters Of The Broken World
1 - Risen
1 - Risen 2
1 - Risen 3

Feel free to cast your vote, which could be any of these games (and you can vote as many times as you'd like!), or suggest a new game that isn't listed here! Let me know. :)

Ciao for now!

- Fluent

Updated giveaway list:

VOTES - GAME

4 - Serpent in the Staglands
3 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
2 - UnderRail
2 - Sword Coast Legends
1 - Royal Bounty HD
1 - Risen
1 - Risen 2
1 - Risen 3
1 - Pillars of Eternity: The White March (1st part)
1 - I Shall Remain
1 - Wave of Darkness
1 - Bloom: Memories

Also, if anyone has any ideas for games they'd like to see covered, or ideas for interviews, content or news to be posted, feel free to let us know! I'm open to ideas on how to make these sites better, so any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Underrail is a hoot.

Another vote for UnderRail. :)

Here are the updated results thus far:

5 - Serpent in the Staglands
3 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
3 - UnderRail
3 - Sword Coast Legends
1 - Royal Bounty HD
1 - Risen
1 - Risen 2
1 - Risen 3
1 - Pillars of Eternity: The White March (1st part)
1 - I Shall Remain
1 - Wave of Darkness
1 - Bloom: Memories

If you want to promote great RPGs which could use some more attention and which are not specifically designed for a hardcore audience, I would suggest Halfway and Driftmoon. Also both Dev Teams seem to be very nice and helpful.

Fluent,

Additionally to Kordanor's idea, I can also suggest Telepath Tactics and Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon. Maybe you could even do some Let's Pay videos with these games.

Thanks for the ideas! :)

I actually made a video for Telepath Tactics awhile back. I will have to check out these other games and perhaps make some videos for them.

As we continue to figure out the best way to post news on Google+ and utilize the format, the community continues to grow! :)

Join now if you'd like to see 5 top quality news posts from Kevin "Couchpotato" Loveless himself, as he posts daily news and hot stories from around the web!

Now is a good time to join as I continue to host giveaways, including some really big ones coming up. Stay tuned! :D

Back
Top Bottom