Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Explained

So we learned two things in this thread.

1. People have different opinions.
2 Nereida, "he" is an irrelevant moron with mental issues.

To the second part I'll say, we kinda suspected it already, but now it's confirmed, thanks to the most relevant and mentally sane poster that made it universally true. Nereida's testosterone levels are all the lesser because of it.

To the first I'll say, see you in GotY votes and we'll see who has to hide under a rock and hope nobody remembers what they said here.

Woah?? I thought everyone knew who dart was. He's king of passive aggressive posting. Used to be whole threads with debates over ten pages of his replies.

Anyway he closed his main account and uses alts every few months then closes them again. Nereida count yourself lucky you never got into a debate with him.

I would say the worst offender is Pathfinder: Kingmaker. What a bugged, overscoped mess. The writing is abysmal.

"the worst offender"
:lol: oh man

Larian's games are like overhyped famous boxers with unbeaten records. Usually they fall before a real opponent. I see stupid Divinity: Original Sin 2 all over again in this latest Lotus Trap of theirs..

No " A V O I D W A R E !!" comments? I am disappointed in you. :'(

"the worst offender"

What's wrong, really?

Did you actually like Kingmaker's writing? A lot of extremely long tell, don't show, lore dumps galore, extreme amount of exposition everywhere, uninteresting characters and world building, you don't get to care for the characters or the plot itself, which is pretty cookie cutter quality, etc. At one point I could not help but just keep pressing continue during dialogues, and I have never done that, even when playing the dullest games.

Well, that's just my opinion, anyway.

What's wrong, really?

Nothing, it's just funny the hyperbolic way that you put it: "The worst offender". I just consider it trolling. PF:K sure had it's problem, but a lot of people liked it and they did a lot of things right, including successfully translating one of the best PF adventure paths into a computer game. And I know that because I used to run this AP as a DM when we were allowed to actually meet people. Moreover, this is the closest game to the BG games that I have played so far.

Woah?? I thought everyone knew who dart was. He's king of passive aggressive posting. Used to be whole threads with debates over ten pages of his replies.

Anyway he closed his main account and uses alts every few months then closes them again. Nereida count yourself lucky you never got into a debate with him.

Dude, I am king of passive aggressive posting.

"the worst offender"

Nothing, it's just funny the hyperbolic way that you put it: "The worst offender". I just consider it trolling. PF:K sure had it's problem, but a lot of people liked it and they did a lot of things right, including successfully translating one of the best PF adventure paths into a computer game. And I know that because I used to run this AP as a DM when we were allowed to actually meet people. Moreover, this is the closest game to the BG games that I have played so far.

Ah I see, the reason could be english not being my native language. Definitely not trolling here though. :cool:

I can tell you why people who loved the BG series are nervous about this game: for reasons like they just figured out personal initiative is better than each side going in turn. I'm glad they did indeed make the change, but I could've told them that. D&D, you know, what the game is based on, figured that out a long time ago.

Reinventing the wheel into a square is not innovation.

Ah I see, the reason could be english not being my native language. Definitely not trolling here though. :cool:

nonono, I considered it trolling because PF:K is considered such a good game by many and it is not reasonable to say it is "the worst offender". And you saying it especially here where the game is much appreciated, seems trolling. Just to be clear: I am not mocking your language skills or anything like that ;)

Hmmm perhaps the writing wasn't as bad as you thought?:p

nonono, I considered it trolling because PF:K is considered such a good game by many and it is not reasonable to say it is "the worst offender". And you saying it especially here where the game is much appreciated, seems trolling. Just to be clear: I am not mocking your language skills or anything like that ;)

No worries; it's a highly controversial game. It got as much praise as heat, so it's only natural that a pretty negative view would be perceived as trolling by some. But it isn't. Just a truthful testimony of someone who had great expectations for it and got deeply disappointed.

No worries; it's a highly controversial game. It got as much praise as heat, so it's only natural that a pretty negative view would be perceived as trolling by some. But it isn't. Just a truthful testimony of someone who had great expectations for it and got deeply disappointed.

Well, I would consider giving the game another shot. The game is really good in particular for people that like the PnP version of the game. I recommend another try especially after the next update coming on August 18th.

Well, I would consider giving the game another shot. The game is really good in particular for people that like the PnP version of the game. I recommend another try especially after the next update coming on August 18th.

But I did give it a very fair shot. 100 hours logged already, and I started it recently, so it was well patched and with all DLCs. Alas, I just cannot force myself to go on anymore. More power to those who like it though.

But I did give it a very fair shot. 100 hours logged already, and I started it recently, so it was well patched and with all DLCs. Alas, I just cannot force myself to go on anymore. More power to those who like it though.

You spent 100 hours playing that terrible game? ;)

Back
Top Bottom