Assassin's Creed Valhalla - More Reviews

"Much has been made of the option to play Eivor as either male or female - a first for the Assassin's Creed series."

I realize that in Odyssey your protagonist has a different name depending on if you're male or female, but otherwise they're identical so I fail to see the distinction. This is the second time. (with Syndicate being kind of a halfway choice)

"Much has been made of the option to play Eivor as either male or female - a first for the Assassin's Creed series."

I realize that in Odyssey your protagonist has a different name depending on if you're male or female, but otherwise they're identical so I fail to see the distinction. This is the second time. (with Syndicate being kind of a halfway choice)
TRUE but it's the first time you play as a shapeshifter of both sexes. They only did this again to avoid the online backlash from certain groups and journalists online.

TRUE but it's the first time you play as a shapeshifter of both sexes. They only did this again to avoid the online backlash from certain groups and journalists online.

You don't have to. I'm playing male Eivor period.

There's no basis for your second statement. Maybe they just want to have male and female protagonists now. You should know that there's no way to avoid backlash from those determined to provide it.

You don't have to. I'm playing male Eivor period.

There's no basis for your second statement. Maybe they just want to have male and female protagonists now. You should know that there's no way to avoid backlash from those determined to provide it.
Go back about four/five years when certain sites defamed Ubisoft for not having a female lead. So every game will now have a choice but they went a different route this time.

Psst that group of gamer's and journalist's are still around. Heck Ubisoft even had a big sexual scandal a few months back. So no I'm not blowing hot air out of my ass.:lol:

I started it yesterday.
They still didn't get rid of this Animus thing. Are people still interested in this?

They still didn't get rid of this Animus thing. Are people still interested in this?

A good question…from the reviews it appears that people do care about that stuff. I'd have preferred had they made strong historical games and dropped that silly superfluous crap but hey Ultima had it too, so why not?

Not me. I never liked the Animus backstory to begin with, and I wish they would just get rid of it altogether.
I liked the Animus backstory in the first games in the series, as it made for a very nice storyline.

But at this point, the attempts to make all of those games fit together somehow are just very painful.

Animus was an interesting angle way back at the beginning. Now it's more of a "hey, how much of the animus are they going to shoehorn in this time?" thing.

It doesn't really bother me one way or another. It's sort of a charming throwback. A weird relic that you can ignore if you want.

I've only played a couple hours of Valhalla. But so far it feels sort of button-mashy. It's the very beginning and I don't have my skills yet. But add in the fact that you cannot accidentally hurt your own team, and it becomes "run into the crowd and hammer light attack to win"

We'll see. Again: I'm only at the very start. But I prefer the bird vision so far. I thought Odyssey made it too easy to auto pinpoint every chest, enemy, cage... EVERYTHING. I prefer having to search around for stuff more, not just have my bird GPS system show it to me.

So they finally got rid of the GPS? Well that's a start I suppose. Does the game still tell you exactly how much loot is in each cave, etc?

Not me. I never liked the Animus backstory to begin with, and I wish they would just get rid of it altogether.
Exactly.
I really liked it in AC1 - at least until I realized that nothing I did in the "real world" had an impact on Altair's world.

Yeah, I could really do without the Animus fluff. Just quietly drop it.

Count me as another who wishes the modern day Animus fluff should be dropped. I just wonder if they will eventually make a modern day Assassin's Creed though?

I think they would be more successfull with a (pre-)WW2 setting (à la Indiana Jones) or even with a Science Fiction setting.

Hm... Assassin's Creed: Cyberpunk...

The meme says it all.:biggrin:

tzh4sx130dj11.png

Something tells me we will be seeing more cyberpunk games in the following years.

Back
Top Bottom