Dishonored - The Rise of Dishonored Documentary - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - The Rise of Dishonored Documentary

Default Dishonored - The Rise of Dishonored Documentary

November 23rd, 2020, 05:51
Big Will takes a closer look at what led to the development of Dishonored and breaks down what makes it unique with Raphael Colantonio.

loading…

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 14:42
A nice complement to NoClip's recent documentary - I think it didn't make the news here, back in May. They also did shorter documentaries on Prey.

Really loved Dishonored, one of the very few games for which I bought several DLC. The combination of stealth, freedom, play style and Viktor Antonov's design was exceptional.

Redglyph

Sentinel

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 18:49
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
A nice complement to NoClip's recent documentary - I think it didn't make the news here, back in May. They also did shorter documentaries on Prey.

Really loved Dishonored, one of the very few games for which I bought several DLC. The combination of stealth, freedom, play style and Viktor Antonov's design was exceptional.
It was posted on my news thread. As I love their documentary's.

As for Dishonored yeah it was a unique game that combined many genres into one fun-park experience. To bad the sequels sold worse and put the series on ice.

Their latest game Deathloop has some Dishonored vibes but it's not the same.
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 23rd, 2020 at 21:02. Reason: I hate Spell Check once again

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 19:37
Loved the Dishonored games.

Pineapple Ferguson

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 20:14
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It was posted on my news thread. As I love their documentary's.
Ouch, my bad, I've been lazy and just followed the handy game tags. Yeah, I've seen you were quite busy there!

They've got awesome documentaries. I hope they survive, it's been ups and downs but somehow NoClip seems to manage.

Bill Will seems to have interesting videos too, I just didn't know them.
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
As for Dishonored yeah it was a unique game that combined many genres into one fun-park expedience. To bad the sequels sold worse and put the series on ice.

Their latest game Deathloop has some Dishonored vibes but it's not the same.
Ah, I don't know that one, will check it out. I'm really curious about Weird West, see what Raphael will come up with in his new adventure. It must have been the hardest decision.

Redglyph

Sentinel

November 23rd, 2020, 20:54
Dishonored was a fantastic series. Played all of it, inc. the DLCs, and I'm pretty bummed that it stalled.
I have little interest in Deathloop. I want more in that crazy steampunk Dunwall dammit.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 20:55
I've yet to play a game from Arkane that I didn't enjoy, and I've played them all except for Dishonored 2.

I've seen people complain that Dishonored isn't Thief, but I think they missed the point.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 21:23
Ah, I don't know that one, will check it out. I'm really curious about Weird West, see what Raphael will come up with in his new adventure. It must have been the hardest decision.
Yeah weird west sounds like a good game, but it uses the over the top camera/slanted isometric view, I personally hate, but who knows I might end up enjoying it.

loading…
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 23rd, 2020, 22:10
It's wild! No reload heh?

Little complement, here Raphael elaborates the transition to WolfEye a little, and the choices and motivations behind Weird West.

loading…

Re: Deathloop, I'm not convinced by the idea of being limited in time. That's another type of progression, a little bit like the trial and error exploration in a Hitman mission. If done right, it could be interesting though, wait and see.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I've seen people complain that Dishonored isn't Thief, but I think they missed the point.
I have a lot of respect for both series, and it's an interesting comparison, but indeed, they must be misguided.

Redglyph

Sentinel

November 23rd, 2020, 22:18
I have a lot of respect for both series, and it's an interesting comparison, but indeed, they must be misguided.
I also enjoyed both, but some people seem to be hung up on the fact that the stealth isn't as good in Dishonored. An odd view imo since stealth was really your only option in Thief.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 23rd, 2020, 23:24
I've yet to play a game from Arkane that I didn't enjoy,
I did. Not enjoy.
Prey.
Yuck.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 23:56
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I did. Not enjoy.
Prey.
Yuck.
I didn't either only because it never interested me enough to play. I did play the original back in the day, but that was a different kind of game. Mostly a shooter game.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 23rd, 2020, 23:56
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I did. Not enjoy.
Prey.
Yuck.
I thought Prey was great. What didn't you like about it?

Pineapple Ferguson

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2020, 23:58
Originally Posted by Pineapple Ferguson View Post
Prey is great, but joxer has interesting tastes to say the least.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 24th, 2020, 10:40
I also enjoyed both, but some people seem to be hung up on the fact that the stealth isn't as good in Dishonored. An odd view imo since stealth was really your only option in Thief.
Hm, by reading my comment again, it may have come as sarcastic, it wasn't - just to avoid misinterpretation.

The two series may have features in common, perhaps not in the story, but stealth obviously, the choice of killing or not, the mix of odd technology and early-industrial world, … But as you said, Thief only had stealth and tried to restrain the player to realistic options, if a bit exaggerated sometimes, where Dishonored didn't hesitate to push it way further and to open the possibilities to the player. It really has evolved into a new coherent style of its own.

Originally Posted by Pineapple Ferguson View Post
I was curious about that too (I haven't played it yet).

Redglyph

Sentinel

November 24th, 2020, 18:01
I was curious about that too (I haven't played it yet).
Well I can't speak for Joxer but for me personally it was the setting and story. Both never caught my interest and by the time I got around to playing I read to many spoilers.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 24th, 2020, 23:30
I see. I was rather skeptical with the "possess" feature thing, but otherwise it seemed decent, but nothing really attracts me either.
Ah well, maybe in another life, when there's more time to play all those games

Redglyph

Sentinel

November 24th, 2020, 23:47
I see. I was rather skeptical with the "possess" feature thing, but otherwise it seemed decent, but nothing really attracts me either.
Ah well, maybe in another life, when there's more time to play all those games
If you like immersive sims, Prey is a must-play imo. Not sure what you're referring to when you say possess feature though.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

November 25th, 2020, 10:22
If you like immersive sims, Prey is a must-play imo. Not sure what you're referring to when you say possess feature though.
Perhaps it's not possess, but transform into any object? I saw a gameplay in which things were going a bit crazy with the player controlling a can, a box, … They already had something similar in Dishonored, but limited to animals.

Redglyph

Sentinel

November 25th, 2020, 11:01
Perhaps it's not possess, but transform into any object? I saw a gameplay in which things were going a bit crazy with the player controlling a can, a box, € They already had something similar in Dishonored, but limited to animals.
Ah yes, the mimic ability. It doesn't allow you to transform into any object. There are specific things you can mimic depending on what level the ability is.

If you ever end up playing the game, I recommend getting at least the first tier of that ability because it allows you to access some areas that you otherwise wouldn't be able to reach.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - The Rise of Dishonored Documentary