Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Postcard Contest - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Postcard Contest

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Postcard Contest

November 24th, 2020, 20:29
Owlcat Games lauches a poscard contest at the end of the year:

Ho-ho-ho Pathfinders!

Winter holidays are approaching! Traditionally every year we create a congratulatory postcard for you, but this year we decided to do something special, and ask you to help us. We are happy to announce a congratulatory postcard contest!

Rules:

1. Create a winter holiday postcard featuring characters from Pathfinder: Kingmaker or Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, or both, or our owlcat mascot. It must feature some symbols of Christmas or New Year, depending on which is more popular in your culture. In Russia, for example, we celebrate the New Year Eve like it's the last day of our lives, and instead of Santa we have Father Frost and Snow Maiden who bring presents and New Year magic with them.

2. Post the postcard on your social media using hashtag #PFmerrymaker and tag our official account so we could see it. This is a mandatory submission step - if we can't see your postcard, we won't be able to declare you a winner, so please don't forget to post your submission and tag at least one of our social media accounts. Or in all of them, just to be sure!

3. Share the merriment with your friends! And share your friends' creations too! This is an optional part, you don't have to do it to win, but it will make the creators happier and spread the spirit of the holidays!

4. We will stop accepting the submissions at 00:00, 22nd of December, Moscow Time, which is 10 pm CET/4 pm EDT/1 pm PDT of 21st of November, and will reveal the winners on 25th of December.

Prizes!

1st place - special winter scarf and a copy of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous with beta early access

2nd and 3rd places - a copy of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous with beta early access for each winner.

The access to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be provided digitally, via our pre-order portal, when the game is released. Beta early access key will become available on the pre-order portal when the game enters the stage of beta testing.

[…]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

November 24th, 2020, 22:22
I'm going to try my luck for the first prize (that scarf!) - very likely I won't get it but why not
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

November 24th, 2020, 23:01
I won't participate but I'm hereby founding and joining the @purpleblob cheerleading crew.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Cyberpunk 2077

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

November 25th, 2020, 10:14
*nods* That scarf is really one of a kind, good luck!

Redglyph

Sentinel

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 25th, 2020, 12:42
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
I won't participate but I'm hereby founding and joining the @purpleblob cheerleading crew.
Thanks! Maybe I will post my postcard here too when it's done
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

December 8th, 2020, 18:21
They don't seem to have a lot of submissions, yet there are a few ones, check this tweet:
https://twitter.com/OwlcatGames/stat…97301921443841

EDIT: apparently I can't read, those are Owlcat's old postcards. Actually, it was a test, yes, that's it, it was a test. Ahem.
Last edited by Redglyph; December 8th, 2020 at 20:49.

Redglyph

Sentinel

December 8th, 2020, 18:23
Good luck Purple, that is indeed a tasty looking scarf! May the luck be with you

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

December 9th, 2020, 00:42
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Good luck Purple, that is indeed a tasty looking scarf! May the luck be with you
Thanks! I've done a rough sketch and it's looking so childish Gosh, I hope I don't die from embarrassment after posting it
--

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 02:09
Here's a sneak preview (a rough sketch):

--

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 05:50
And done (look like a children's book colouring book art work LOL):

--
Last edited by Ripper; December 9th, 2020 at 23:47.

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 06:43
Hey that's not bad. Did you draw that by hand? It's a lot better than what I could draw.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)

December 9th, 2020, 07:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Hey that's not bad. Did you draw that by hand? It's a lot better than what I could draw.
Haha, thanks Yes, hand-drawn entry. I used to draw a lot when I was young but I lost all the skills I've acquired back then, since it's been a looooooooooong while (like, 25 years?)
--

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 10:25
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
And done (look like a children's book colouring book art work LOL):

That looks amazing purple… I have literally no skill at all in drawing, but I think it's very cute

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

December 9th, 2020, 10:26
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Haha, thanks Yes, hand-drawn entry. I used to draw a lot when I was young but I lost all the skills I've acquired back then, since it's been a looooooooooong while (like, 25 years?)
Ah, those skills we leave behind.. At school it was still possible to draw sketches now and then, at worst the teacher would make fun. At work it's so much harder to get away with it

That's a cute owlcat, you should be proud! If I had a try, I'd use a paint program (it would be hopeless for me to try by hand), but a hand-drawn card has a personal touch that can't be rendered with any software.

If you have a sure hand, you could soften the colours a little bit with a tissue (best try on a draft first). Might be tricky with the outlines, though.

Redglyph

Sentinel

December 9th, 2020, 10:32
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
That looks amazing purpleā€¦ I have literally no skill at all in drawing, but I think it's very cute
Awww, thanks so much

Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Ah, those skills we leave behind.. At school it was still possible to draw sketches now and then, at worst the teacher would make fun. At work it's so much harder to get away with it

That's a cute owlcat, you should be proud! If I had a try, I'd use a paint program (it would be hopeless for me to try by hand), but a hand-drawn card has a personal touch that can't be rendered with any software.

If you have a sure hand, you could soften the colours a little bit with a tissue (best try on a draft first). Might be tricky with the outlines, though.
Thanks

I did buy a tablet and downloaded Krita but at the moment I'm actually better off with hand drawing (I'm still struggling to learn Krita!). I only have pastel pencils at home at the moment, and I feared I will end up smudging colours everywhere if I do anything further
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

December 9th, 2020, 12:12
Looks great! *cheer*
Also a very fitting idea.
--
- George Bernard Shaw

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

December 9th, 2020, 13:39
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Looks great! *cheer*
Also a very fitting idea.
Thanks let's hope I win the scarf lol
--

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 19:38
I think that looks pretty wonderful, Purple! Good luck, I think you'll place well in the contest

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

December 9th, 2020, 22:37
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I think that looks pretty wonderful, Purple! Good luck, I think you'll place well in the contest
Thanks lol. Will let you all know if I end up winning the scarf
--

purpleblob

Princess

December 9th, 2020, 23:20
You know it would be our scarf.
--
- George Bernard Shaw

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Postcard Contest