Grimoire - Super Demo Released

Hmm, downloading immediately. I feel like giving it a whirl. Thanks, Cleve. Can we still donate?

EDIT: Still buggy. Can't alt-tab out of fullscreen mode. And it leave cursor graphics artifacts every time I try. Well, windowed mode will be too small and harsh on my eyes… And I'm not changing my desktop resolution for this. I'll wait for the super duper demo.

Yes - it's originally a dos game and likes to take over the computer. Just set it to full screen mode, configure for 1:1 aspect ratio or scale (easier on some monitors than others) and accept that you won't be using Excel until you exit... It's a lot more fun than Excel.

One week remaining until thousands of naked gay ravers show up in your front yard asking where the beer is! You will know the true terror of quality DRM when the horde arrives playing "Everybody Dance Now" on colossal car speakers in sport jeeps!

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Cleve, do you have any tips for Guido Henkel on how to run a succesful kickstarter campaign?

Tried to sink some time into this but ran into a bug with full screen mode under Win 8.

Also some sort of documentation about what all the pretty numbers mean would be great.

Likely Guido has learned a bit from the last Kickstarter. I hope that they are able to get some publicity for this one; that's the key to success on Kickstarter, I reckon.

He'll first need to establish a dysfunctional online persona, and then miss multiple promised deadlines. There is a method to the madness.

Tried to sink some time into this but ran into a bug with full screen mode under Win 8.

Also some sort of documentation about what all the pretty numbers mean would be great.

Set to Windows 95 compatibility to make all problems vanish.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Funny, now '98 doesn't work anymore either (black screen). Just throwing that out there. Like I said, without documentation I'm not gonna play another demo, but you should definitely look into Win 8 compatibility more before the game is due.

Don't see what the big deal is. If you want to use some other program, just save and exit. Or use your iPad or whatever. You don't need manuals for the stats, just experiment. Hint! higher numbers are often better.

Playing the demo until I finally figure out what the [DEV] stat does? No thanx. After all, it is the first... 20? percent of the game. If you have any insights to share beyond higher numbers are better though - please do so. :p

Playing the demo until I finally figure out what the [DEV] stat does? No thanx. After all, it is the first… 20? percent of the game. If you have any insights to share beyond higher numbers are better though - please do so. :p

DEV = devotion, kind of thing you want your cleric and other spellcasters to have some of. reckon it probably gives them more spell casting stamina or something like piety in Wiz. In the original demo the starting party was pretty dreadful and it wasn't too hard to make a better one. Generally you don't need to min/max to play the game and it's more fun to just play the kind of party you like.

Back
Top Bottom