Do You Play PC JRPGs?

• Yes

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Since I cover some PC JRPG games I was curious about how many of you play on them on the PC. So consider this a poll to see how much interest our members have in PC JRPG games. So I'll start and say yes I myself do play PC JRPG games.:cool:

Last edited:
Not my thang.

I play good JRPGs which is something rare on every platform these days. The last one I played on PC was The Last Remnant and I plan to try Valkyria Chronicles soon. I'm not touching any grindy, fan servicy JRPG that we seem to be getting on Steam though.

Valkyria Chronicles, Trails in the Sky, and Elminage Gothic are all on my wishlist. Not to mention I play the Etrian Odysseys and Bravely Default on my 3DS. So technically, I haven't played any JRPGs on the PC yet, I definitely plan on it at some point. So I voted yes.

I love JRPGs on any platform, including PC. I own a PSP, PS1, PS2, and have had many other consoles over the years. Love JRPGs on every one of them. :cool:

Ouch! Yeeech! Other safe-for-work and safe-for-watch expletives.

pibbur who voted no.

To me, being able to enjoy a JRPG as a reasonably sane adult is one of the greater mysteries of life.

I have played many ... but mostly on the PSP, DS, iPhone and most recently the Playstation Vita. But NOT the PC.

I don't own a console and never have so I have never played any JRPG.

But I did watch some Youtube videos and everything about it turns me off; the visual style (particularly ithe unrealistic overexaggeration), the childish elements (e.g. the cute humanoid animal), the combat, the poppy music during combat…but most of all what I absolutely dislike are these excessive bleeping sounds within the interface during combat, it just destroys immersion and makes me feel like I am in an arcade hall.

So no, I have no desire to engage in some PC JRPG :).

Not really… I haven't really played many japanese rpgs. That being said, I liked Final fantasy VII on play station 1, but I have not played it on pc. :)

And by the way isn't Dark Souls technically a japanese rpg?

And by the way isn't Dark Souls technically a japanese rpg?

Like many other genres, it's not necessarily a literal concept - and in this case, not about RPGs by Japanese developers, it's about a specific style of game with a Japanese origin. I'm not sure it's easily defined, except as something I can't take seriously no matter how hard I try.

Do I play… Yes.
Do I like… Some I do.
What's to like? No bugs (almost), the style, usually a good (maybe better to say exotic) story unless the publisher/developer wanted to sell a cliche crap.
What's not to like? Usually retarded UI, grind and QTE fests. Thankfully, not all jRPGs contain these design crimes.

Yes but only if I can't play it in their original platform. Since I own a PS3 and PS4, most of the PC JRPGs coming out I have already played before. But if they brought some of those that were exclusive for Xbox or Nintendo, I'd definitely play them (as long as they're not the 'twitchy' button smasher type).

Couldn't stick with FFVII for too long (despite it having cult status) so if that's the best this subgenre has to offer I'd say no. Not that it's bad, it's just not my thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom