Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released

I think his point was that he wants something like this without loading time.
Additionally you can only access it from the world map, not when exploring the maps themselves.

Correct! Quite often I simply want to have a very quick look, a reminder of how many days remain for advisor-tasks to be completed or just to know if a certain task ended in failure/success/triumph.

In other words, just a simple status update. So having to bring up the whole "Kingdom Interface" with attached loading time back & forth, when all I want to see, could (presumably) be displayed in some part of the "Main" game interface instead, is a bit frustrating.

It's annoying that the game mechanics can send you a notification that "something" has happened/changed in the kingdom interface but can't include a brief summary that lets you decide if you need to open up the "Kingdom Managment" screen or not.

It's working as intended now. People who played it earlier had an advantage, like @Maylander; . I lost one even before this hot fix (damn you, Owlcats with your design decision!)
Aww, bugger! At least they fixed the rather annoying issue I had with the final fight. That certainly makes up for it, because that bug was terrible.

Well Owlcat wants you to vote.:salute:

e36a4739545d64012637047c5b5b987cdd951d4b.jpg

Now go vote Pathfinders- https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1720834531661345148

Nah, "Labour of Love" award goes to Stardew Valley. Kingmaker gets "Game of the Year" award vote ;)

Nah, "Labour of Love" award goes to Stardew Valley. Kingmaker gets "Game of the Year" award vote ;)
Not on steam it doesn't.:beam:

As for me it's a tough call this year.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Valkyria Chronicles 4
The Banner Saga 3
Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition

I gave it GotY as well.

I gave the "Labour of Love" to Beamdog. I think I did the same thing last year as well, it just seems to me that they are overqualified for that one. Considering that they are now constantly improving/upgrading NWN and they will soon release the 2.6 patch for the BG games. & IWD.

Pathfinder is GOTY for me with strong potential to become legendary :)

True enough. But, overall, I think we need to seriously reconsider how we rate entertainment in the future.

Well, if we actually care about what other people think.

For my part, I've never actually used reviews much as fuel for my decisions. I mostly read them for entertainment and to see what other people think. I rarely get swayed.

I do sometimes worry because I know suits like to reward high scores - and some games deserve much more than they get, and same is true in reverse.

I disagree with you. I think that Steam rating system is pretty good and better than GOG's or Metacritic. The thing is that these "five-stars" rating systems are not really representative of users' opinions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these "five-star" ratings use the mean of users' score to calculate THE score of the game. Given that these rating systems are some kind of a Likert Type scale, usually, the mean is not a good estimate to use in such situations. Imagine that a lot of people think that the game is mediocre, giving it a 3/4, and on the other hand a few fanboys give the game 5/5. The mean score will probably be more than 4.0. That's not very representative of a mediocre game don't you think?

I think that Steam scores are way more enlightening than GOG's. In GOG's website, almost every game has a score between 3~5. It's very hard to tell if the game is good or not. But don't be mistaken, Steam score is not simply the proportion of likes and dislikes, they have a pretty complicated math underneath the hood.

But yes, I think that PF:K has an unfair score on Steam. However, I don't think it is a rating system problem. I think that it is a user problem. At the beginning, a lot of users were giving the thumbs down because the game was ~~~ too difficulty ¬¬. They didn't even got to the bugs of the game and were given the thumbs down. And I bet that those same users were giving 0/10 on Metacritic to the game, to drop its score. And now many overlook the positives of the game due to the numerous bugs, and give the game the thumbs down. So that's how people usually works, for better or worse...

steam reviews are good for punishing devs who try to rape us with their SJW agendas.

What is SJW ? I only know Star Wars. :p

Don't ask, don't google. Just ignore it.

I'll give you the PG rated meaning.:biggrin:
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.

The problem with SJW (or most) label is it can be misapplied or applied without granularity restriction. If you have a game that attempts to present moral choices the very fact that it has to define morals make it a target of a label of some sort regardless if the granularity (moderation) of the choices. Further the label is applied from a perspective of the person who applies the label (seems obvious but different people have different norms). This creates an issue esp when people jump on the label bandwagon because frequently they respond to the label applied with someone else values without complete understanding of why or how the label was applied. While there can be some justification for applying the label they are frequently inflammatory in nature (for the reason described above) and therefore best ignored.

Don't deny that label can used wrongly, but I do know what a real SJW is thanks to Twitter. Just love reading their replies & rally's to fire people, and ban YouTubers.

Worst of the lot are comic artists, writers, game journalists, and most of Hollywood.:cool:

Still I'm getting of track here as were talking about Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I'll give you the PG rated meaning.:biggrin:
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.
No. It's a form of trolling with a determined concept of never being funny while tending to be highly annoying and when possible ganging up forming an online lynch mob.

Recently the trolling in some cases turned into a modern day witch hunt. So far noone was burned at stake, only some jobs were lost, but you just wait tille someone loses their head.

Is there a way to stop it? Absolutely. Hating platforms need to get banned. What are hating platforms? All social networks.

Lol, I've never looked it up myself for an "official definition". However, what I've gleaned from discussions make it sound like: It's a person who uses all & any to them available platforms (discussion, music, film, games, whatever) to spread some kind of "Political Propaganda".

The difference between such a person and a "normal" person is a matter of intent. Political, philosophical or religious views obviously has an influence on everyone and on whatever they work with as well. However, in the case of an "SJW" it's far from something subconsious that works an indirect influence. No, it's done fully on purpose with the intention to function as "propaganda" for (or against) something in real life.

Well...that's what I've assumed that the whole "hoopla" was all about anyway. :p

Lol, I've never looked it up myself for an "official definition". However, what I've gleaned from discussions make it sound like: It's a person who uses all & any to them available platforms (discussion, music, film, games, whatever) to spread some kind of "Political Propaganda".

The difference between such a person and a "normal" person is a matter of intent. Political, philosophical or religious views obviously has an influence on everyone and on whatever they work with as well. However, in the case of an "SJW" it's far from something subconsious that works an indirect influence. No, it's done fully on purpose with the intention to function as "propaganda" for (or against) something in real life.

Well?that's what I've assumed that the whole "hoopla" was all about anyway. :p
Not "some kind", SJW is a term for those that spread the "left" political propaganda, at least in the way that USA defines left.

Not "some kind", SJW is a term for those that spread the "left" political propaganda, at least in the way that USA defines left.

Oh, okay! I though it was just "anything political" connected to something in real life, I didn't know it had something to do with left/right political division.

Back
Top Bottom