Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
My game just broke. I'm at Ancient Curse, part 7, with over 200 days left, a Kingdom that's stable and most stats nearing 10, yet when going from 7th to 8th of Abadius (regardless of whether it's via Skip Day, some upgrade going through, exploration or whatever), the Kingdom is simply destroyed. There is no particular event or project ending on that day, and no problem that hasn't been taken care of.

The weird thing is that, leading up to this, quite a few of the stat upgrades partially bugged: I'd start them, and then they'd end up looking like a regular project (didn't get the swooshy upgrade screen). After exiting and entering the map, it was completed and the time passed properly. Or skip an additional day, that also worked. And then all of a sudden the Kingdom just broke.

So.. that's game over for me I guess. I suppose I can make the Kingdom immortal, but where's the fun in that? Really frustrating given that all I have left is push everything to 10 and then do the final mission when it pops up.

Edit: Nope, even "Invincible Kingdom" doesn't prevent it. Seems my game is just flat out broken then. Damn it.

Last edited:
For both??

Btw, you are a quick player, already at chapter 6 in your 2nd playthrough!! Wasn't it just a few weeks ago you finished your first?
Yeah, it was. This time was much faster.

At any rate:

Just re-read the comment, and I don't remember any cave at all. There's a cave? I do remember coming across a puzzle or two though, and it was just a matter of using the appropriate basic blast. Water on the braziers and "force" or "push back" or something is in the description of the one needed to push stuff.
Edit: I was just trying to check it out, to see if the location could jog my memory, but I can't get there before the Kingdom is destroyed as part of the bug mentioned above.

@Maylander;, send a critical bug report in-game to them. I send them sometimes and sent one awhile back - they literally hotfixed my issue the next day. So if you send them an in-game report you may get a quick fix. Here's hoping you do!

Just re-read the comment, and I don't remember any cave at all. There's a cave? I do remember coming across a puzzle or two though, and it was just a matter of using the appropriate basic blast. Water on the braziers and "force" or "push back" or something is in the description of the one needed to push stuff.
Edit: I was just trying to check it out, to see if the location could jog my memory, but I can't get there before the Kingdom is destroyed as part of the bug mentioned above.

Ok, I freed water elementals, thanks :)

See the screenshot in the spoiler tag, re: cave

There is a cave on the RHS once you climb up the cliff as per below
EgkTbel.jpg

Once you are inside, there is a part where you can remove the rubble if you pass the athletics check. I always fail the check and get encumbered, sigh
uE5nyIw.jpg

k0KTznT.jpg

Hey blobby, how'd you free the water elementals??? Honestly I forgot all about them when I was exploring the rest of the map. :-/

Hey blobby, how'd you free the water elementals??? Honestly I forgot all about them when I was exploring the rest of the map. :-/

Maylander told me what to do :D

You need to get rid of/attack all 5 burning fires around the rune that's binding the water elementals by using the kineticist "blast" attack - I did that with the water sibling, not sure if you can free them using the fire sibling as well

Ok, I freed water elementals, thanks :)

See the screenshot in the spoiler tag, re: cave

There is a cave on the RHS once you climb up the cliff as per below
EgkTbel.jpg

Once you are inside, there is a part where you can remove the rubble if you pass the athletics check. I always fail the check and get encumbered, sigh
uE5nyIw.jpg

k0KTznT.jpg
I genuinely don't remember any of that at all. Shocking. Getting old.

I just wanted to say that this game has reached Insane status, a God-level CRPG. I'm still only in Chapter 5 but just am in awe at the amount of content they've added to this game. Quality stories, great companions, interesting twists & turns, not to mention the great gameplay and character development. I'm still as blown away as I was before I took the 3 week break waiting for the DLC. Owlcat are extremely good developers and going forward they have tremendous upside.

I'm just going to say… finish the whole game first… :)

Are the final chapters really that bad? :-/

I think I'm going to take a short break from gaming in general right now. Just feeling a bit burned out at the moment. Might give me some time to upload my Let's Play for Kingmaker (I'm 40 episodes behind! lol) and just get a little break from the 500 hours of Pathfinder and games in general. I'll check out your review though.:)

For me… yes it was that bad. I'd say:

Chap 1-2 - excellent, chap 3-4 - very good, chap 5 - good, chap 6-7 - poor

I've enjoyed Ch. 5 though, I'd say it might be my favorite chapter overall so far. It helps getting the new companion then, too, but I'd rate it excellent either way. But 6 & 7 are yet to come. Can I ask why you didn't like those chapters? Seems everyone hates them, I'd like to know why.

I've enjoyed Ch. 5 though, I'd say it might be my favorite chapter overall so far. It helps getting the new companion then, too, but I'd rate it excellent either way. But 6 & 7 are yet to come. Can I ask why you didn't like those chapters? Seems everyone hates them, I'd like to know why.

1. There isn't much content - you spend most of the time looking after kingdom only. 2. Waves of same, overpowered trash mobs 3. Annoying (non optional) puzzle.

I explained it better in the review - its currently with Myrthos and peer reviwers :)

1. There isn't much content - you spend most of the time looking after kingdom only. 2. Waves of same, overpowered trash mobs 3. Annoying (non optional) puzzle.

I explained it better in the review - its currently with Myrthos and peer reviwers :)

Sounds good! Looking forward to it. :)

Annnd I received feedback from both peer-reviewers, thank you so much @Morrandir; and @Maylander; for taking your time to read through my massive review and providing me with thoughtful feedback :D

I will incorporate feedback accordingly and send the final version to @Myrthos; within next few days!

Anybody know about this in Chapter 5? Spoiler-ish question here.
I sided with First Mate Wellar to overthrow Captain Martyn. However, I didn't get a chance to give him the grimoire before doing so. Is it possible to give him Blakemoor's Grimoire :p and also overthrow his command? Because I feel like I may have missed some serious XP by not giving him the grimoire, but I also thought he might pack up and sail away and I wouldn't be able to mutiny him.
Should I reload this one and try it again?

Anybody know about this in Chapter 5? Spoiler-ish question here.
I sided with First Mate Wellar to overthrow Captain Martyn. However, I didn't get a chance to give him the grimoire before doing so. Is it possible to give him Blakemoor's Grimoire :p and also overthrow his command? Because I feel like I may have missed some serious XP by not giving him the grimoire, but I also thought he might pack up and sail away and I wouldn't be able to mutiny him.
Should I reload this one and try it again?

IIRC, I think you solve the quest one way or the other, as in, you can't do both:

Once I gave him grimoire, the quest finished. From my memory, the one that rewards most XP is by passing the conversation check to ask Captain to move off without the grimoire - I managed to pass this check after a few reloads :p

Back
Top Bottom