Demon War - Now Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Soldak sent news the lengthy beta for Din's Curse: Demon War is over and the expansion is now available:
Dallas, Texas, February 22, 2011 - Soldak Entertainment today announced the availability of Din's Curse: Demon War.

Din's Curse: Demon War is the first expansion for the unique action RPG Din's Curse. Din's Curse is a single player and co-op multiplayer action RPG for Windows and Mac PCs with 141 class combinations (196 with the expansion), infinite number of dynamically generated towns, real consequences, and a dynamic, evolving world.

Din's Curse and Demon War can be purchased at:
http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Buy.html

The demons of Aleria are furious! After the 4th Great War and necromancer Ciglio's death, the undead horde has been causing utter chaos, attacking everything that moves... even demons. Demonkind were quite happy when Serina, a human city, was overrun, but that was before thousands of human zombies poured into Kraval, slaughtering the huge demon city. Thus began the Demon War. Demons of all kinds are fighting back. They're hunting down and killing any undead they find. Oh, and they blame the humans for this entire mess. For spite, they razed Serina to the ground even though it was already deserted.

As a servant of the mighty Din, it's your responsibility to safeguard humans from danger. This was a hard task before. Do you have what it takes to save humankind from the Demon War?

Features:

Play the Demon Hunter class (now 196 total class combinations)
Fight many new demons (3 new species, 8 new types, 40 new variants)
Solve tons of new quests
Help the NPCs as they interact much more with the world and each other
Experience many more world modifiers
Explore new environments
Interact with the world in new ways
Survive the Demon War
Basically experience a lot more of what makes Din's Curse incredibly unique

For more information about Din's Curse head over to http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html
More information.

It's great he has released an expansion, but its not for me. I'm just too tired of normal action rpgs. If he put in factions again then this would have been an instant buy, but without it I just don't like Din's Curse that much.

I'll still buy this later on to support him, but I probably won't play it that much.

I found Din's Curse a little Bland after a while but adding the Demon War expansion really changed the atmosphere. There's a lot more urgency to the game when you need to deal with quests both above ground and in the dungeon.
The Demon Hunter is an interesting Class too currently i'm playing a Thief/Reaver hybrid.

I tried the demo and thought it was bland as well... I'm really not one for the clicky-clicky pure action RPGs so only ones with a great hook or high production values sway me, of which this has neither.

The dynamic quests design isn't a fake feature of this game and it's even a unique one, sooner or later it will be copied even if design this is clearly very difficult.

But it needs some player efforts and concentration to enter in the system, understand it, and accept it. Some players just never achieve this, other are bless by a rather unique gaming experience.

The dynamic quests design isn't a fake feature of this game and it's even a unique one, sooner or later it will be copied even if design this is clearly very difficult.

But it needs some player efforts and concentration to enter in the system, understand it, and accept it. Some players just never achieve this, other are bless by a rather unique gaming experience.

Yea that's pretty much it. If you know what to expect, you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find in there, but because of the nature of the game, crazy situations don't always arise. Sure there are some insane moments where you have to juggle between saving an important NPC and running back to town to stop the invasion; or epic situations where whole caverns cave in and you find yourself in an Indiana Jones situation - but they don't always happen. For the uninitiated, when the dust isn't flying, it's difficult to differentiate this from the rest of the ARPGs in the market.

That being said I still think there's plenty of room left in Din's Curse to grow. I am not completely satisfied with the amount of content in Demon War, but hey, anything to support innovators :). Plus, Soldak offers top notch customer service, so it doesn't matter to me anyway.

The dynamic quest system is awesome. I love how if you ignore certain threats they become worse over time. Not to mention the million other things that can happen. However, it's just not enough to keep me interested.

Factions was what made Depths of Peril the unique and awesome game that it is. It turned a simple Diablo clone into something new. The NPCs were rather unique as well. I just wish he would revisit those features.

Factions was what made Depths of Peril the unique and awesome game that it is. It turned a simple Diablo clone into something new. The NPCs were rather unique as well. I just wish he would revisit those features.

I haven't played Din's Curse, so I certainly won't judge it yet, but I was disappointed to learn that factions were not going to be in the game. The faction system made Depths of Peril a very interesting and addicting experience for me - despite the fact that I hate Diablo-style combat. I think the dynamic factions and dynamic quests is what made DOP a very unique experience, so without the implementation of factions, I have been hesitant to play Din's Curse. I fear that without the faction dynamic, the game would feel like there was something missing.

Back
Top Bottom