Asheron's Call Only $10 No Subsciption

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, azarhal. :)

Low population, but I'm hoping Turbine can draw some attention back to this game, as well as possibly drum up some sales for the original Asheron's Call. It has so much content and fun gameplay that I think new players who never played before could get a real thrill checking it out for the first time. Maybe I'll try getting in contact with Turbine and showcasing more of these great games.

Not to necro an old thread but i just read they are going to release the server files so people can run their own worlds. Pretty cool idea and I heard the same for AC2 as well.
Its an old thread pn the ac boards by the way

Never even heard about that one so it's good you necro, at least I get to know about it. ;)

Thats some interesting news. This is the only MMO I've ever played.

That post about community servers was over 2 years old itself so I wonder if that ever happened as its older than this thread. Maybe they settled for the $10 thing instead. The forum doesn't make it seem like the standalone servers ever happened and that the existing servers suck.

Right, the latest news is that they are delaying the user server to fix the problems with the official servers. The last I read was that the home sever experiment was working except for some random crashing they were trying to pin down.

Asheron's Call is my first MMO, and I love it dearly as such. I never experienced a vast (I mean, HUGELY vast) world before like that in an RPG, so for a younger me, it was like nerdvana had been attained. Ah, I still have fond memories of running around with friends, retrieving my corpse after some nasty took me out in an area I really shouldn't have been in. Played the game recently and it's still a lot of fun, even if the population is lower now. I had a blast and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a huge MMORPG that focuses on the RPG and is very traditional in the RPG realm.

Back
Top Bottom