Might & Magic IV - Gaming History

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GaminGHD looks back at Might & Magic IV and finds it silly, strange and utterly unique.

World of Xeen is a combination of games that gives you more than the sum of its parts. It is also quite silly. Where else are you going to find gnome vampires, ninjas, mummy dragons, gods, devils, space ships and giant eyeballs with wings that shoot lasers? Nowhere else, that's where!
More information.

It's too sad that barely any games of this kind are made nowadays. M&mX was actually pretty good, but I doubt we are going to have another for a while.

I hope the bard's tale iv fares better

It's too sad that barely any games of this kind are made nowadays. M&mX was actually pretty good, but I doubt we are going to have another for a while.

I hope the bard's tale iv fares better

I think M&M X got approved because the success of Legend of Grimrock, but didn't do as well as they had hoped with the number of sales. I enjoyed it, and wish they would make another, but I am not holding my breath for one.

I also hope the new Bard's Tale is a success.

I have been keeping my eye on this one that releases tomorrow, The Deep Paths: Labyrinth Of Andokost, though I don't know how it will compare yet.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375500

I remember being blown away by Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World. Only had a Megadrive/Genesis console and a game that was so massive was amazing. I still remember it had an option called Initialise Game, which would wipe all progress, saves characters etc. Every now and then someone would do that by mistake lol.

My favourite though was Might and Magic 7 For Blood and Honour, I thoroughly enjoyed restoring Harmondale, it was just so much fun.

I didn't care for Might and Magic X Legacy, I was very much looking forward to it enjoying any screenshot that I saw. Though when it finally came out I just couldn't stand it.

Thinking of games as old as M&M2 makes me think of Rings of Power, another game that seemed ridiculously big to me at the time. I still remember the intro music, the sound of flying around and devastating spells. Great stuff.

I remember being blown away by Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World. Only had a Megadrive/Genesis console and a game that was so massive was amazing. I still remember it had an option called Initialise Game, which would wipe all progress, saves characters etc. Every now and then someone would do that by mistake lol.

My favourite though was Might and Magic 7 For Blood and Honour, I thoroughly enjoyed restoring Harmondale, it was just so much fun.

I didn't care for Might and Magic X Legacy, I was very much looking forward to it enjoying any screenshot that I saw. Though when it finally came out I just couldn't stand it.

Thinking of games as old as M&M2 makes me think of Rings of Power, another game that seemed ridiculously big to me at the time. I still remember the intro music, the sound of flying around and devastating spells. Great stuff.

I remember it for my Apple //c and I was shocked at the level of detail they managed to cram in. And by detail I mean little things, like syncing the horse at the beginning chomping on grass with clicks from the disk drive. And the incredible detail on the brickwork. The Gold Box games were so ugly compared to Might and Magic.

Sadly, by the time I got around to checking out World of Xeen etc., they were long past their prime and held no nostalgia factor for me.

M&M X was ok, but i hated the loot in the game.
I'd level up my party to the point when i could finally take out a powerful creature and the reward was a weapon none of my characters could even use.

Back
Top Bottom