Baldur's Gate - Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: More Trent Oster Interviews

Lol, the best part of this discussion is that it will lead to more purchases of the game. I can tell you that plenty of people here in Edmonton are excited and planning to buy it, heck with all the snow here we need something to do while indoors, since our hockey is now held hostage, BG will just have to do!!

-Carn

So anyone downloaded this game yet? I plan to download it when I get home tonight... can anyone please explain to me how this works?

I didn't pre-order the game but it's 28th here in Australia and I'm assuming it will be 28th in America as well by the time I get home this evening after work. Can I start downloading the game tonight even if I didn't pre-order? How long did it take you folks to download this? Any Australians purchased this game? Is it $20 AUD as well?

As I understand it, the game comes out on full release tomorrow, Wednesday 1pm MST, Edmonton time. The downloads that I've done so far were a total of 1.8g, and took about 20 minutes. If you've not preordered, I think that's the earliest you can begin to download, and if you wish to preorder, you still have time to do so.

-Carn

As of now, it will not be on either Steam or GoG. I really hope they push for both those platforms at some point, as it would seriously broaden their audience. My guess is, that with it being DRM free, if anything it might wind up on GoG someday.

-Carn

Pre-loading now and wow are their servers slow.

They sent me an email giving me the option to download the client or the stand alone game. I'm not sure if you can change later or if you get locked in with whatever you choose.

Uh kiddies you should see me trolling over at Codex…;)
I dont care what you guys do with your money (I am guessing more your mommies dought; hope you gave some for Wasteland 2 and PE) but giving money to that guy for saving you the hassle of installing 20 minutes of mods to get the same result (minus retarded Ui recoloring and "optimizations")…please if you are so dense why are you into PC gaming at all…unless you wanted it for your tablet :D
I was going to buy EE and half the Codex was laughing at me; it looked like a pretty good idea on paper and much of what you guys say it is true but inderstand this; you are supporting a guy who talks like he is redoing the Mona Lisa, with all thse grandstanding and "we making it better babay" poses.
The defintiion of upgarding something is making it better, not making it different; a battery that lasts 20 minutues more tha the other bateries is an upgarde; relocloring the UI is not.
I dont think the tablet gaming will work with this game, the AI of the battle system is simply not good enough and need a lot of input, but lets wait and see.
The game is a damn great game as it is and all his optmizations make it seem like he was working on a shitty game is is heroicly trying to bring back to life; he is ridding the success of a 12 year old game and has the balls to make it sound like he is saving it from itself….
Oh and the torrent coment always gets nice reactions; you must be one of them proud americans wo think they are righteous and goody, while your country rapes third world countries, produces 1/3 of all the polution in the world and you try to talk ethics? Please :D
Most of the Codex think this place is for fawning fanbois while over there is for haters…and actualy from what I have seen so far I prefer hate over fawning over Trent any day of the week
Oh and brofist to D´Artagnan

You seem too stupid to argue with, but if you can't see things like the improved journal and engine optimization as upgrades, well its your loss.

And really? Country smack? What shithole do you call home?

? it happens all the time, for all platforms, have you really followed iOS game releases?

That comment isn't from me and I took it as sarcasm, which is why I find it funny.

Good thing I don't care about tablets, and likely never will. When a tablet comes along that gives my pc a run for its' money, I might have to check them out.

The DRM thing for BG is just a one time activation, at least you don't have to stay online. I don't mind the one time thing, but having to be online full time to play a solo game just cheeses me off.

-Carn

Good thing I don't care about tablets, and likely never will. When a tablet comes along that gives my pc a run for its' money, I might have to check them out.

The DRM thing for BG is just a one time activation, at least you don't have to stay online. I don't mind the one time thing, but having to be online full time to play a solo game just cheeses me off.

-Carn

I agree: One time activation is perfectly fine. Permanently online is not.

Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate, When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, you set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of ..

Well, I guess the interest is there. No forums available at Baldursgate.com or Beamdog. People want their Enhanced Edition now dammit!

I'm hoping this is available for download by the time I get home tonight... really in need of nice SP RPG.

I got it up and running last night. Did not work at all on my Windows 8 PC, but it works perfectly fine on Windows 7. So far, so good. It seems really smooth.

I have Windows 8. It works just fine on it. Your problem is possibly one of the other myriad of bugs people are experiencing. Their forums are overloaded with people failing to start the game on a wide variety of hardware and software configurations. It's not a pretty sight. But it's not an OS thing.

As for my experience, It runs very smooth, yes. The new journal is nice, the zooming is swell. There is good here.

Unfortunately, there's bad too. That opening cinematic is better than the original 90's CG party, but it is still completely terrible. I also dislike that the text box displays just ONE LINE at its smallest size rather than two. It's minor, but it's silly.

I would really like the wheel/middle mouse button to toggle a map/camera scrolling mode. It's also a minor complaint, possibly, but it feels like it should have been there. Particularly with the smooth window handling! Running the game is just swell in a window, except map navigation. The cursor gutter for scrolling is so narrow, the arrow keys are just awkward and out of place as game input these days. I kinda want to suggest it to them, but considering how many problems they're having just getting this to work for people, I bet it'll be lost in the sea of fury.

As nice as all this is, it is not worth $20 on PC. Not in the least. I paid for BG and I bought TOTSC. This should be free as it is nothing more than a patch and, frankly, a minor one. Bioware should be funding this project directly as a retrospective tribute to the game and franchise that made them what they are. They're not DW Bradley! They don't need to milk their crap with re-releases to eke out a meager living. This should be a Big Deal. As it is, after playing it, all I can say is big deal. :p

@darkling
Have you tried any of the new content yet though? I have not seen any of it so far, and I assume that's mainly what we're paying for here. I've only met one of the new NPCs yet, and he refused to have anything to do with me (for now).

Back
Top Bottom