Rampant Games Sale / Give-Away / Trivia / FK2 Stuff

RampantCoyote

Keeper of the Watch
Wanted to make sure that the faithful here at RPGWatch knew about this as early as possible...

It's my birthday, and I decided to celebrate by having a big sale of Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon, and give away some free games and ... for those interested... an opportunity to make a little bit of a mark on Frayed Knights 2. Veterans of Frayed Knights 1 will have a little bit of a leg-up on some of the trivia contests, but I figure the new folks have the sale...

There'll also be some more Frayed Knights 2 announcements which are really exciting to *ME* at least.

Anyway, if you want to participate.... here's the announcement and the first trivia contest, for a free copy of the original Torchlight. I imagine there are SOME people out there who don't have it yet....

Rampant Coyote's Birthday Bash / Sale / Give-Away / Stuff

I have Torchlight already and will not participate, so good luck to everyone who'll do the contest.
To you happy birthday and many thanks on this!

I'll have another contest tomorrow. Almost every weekday for the next two weeks.

And thanks! Aside from having a very long meeting at Dah Day Job, it's been a good birthday so far. :)

'Nother give-away today, but it's not trivia based. We're talking about LucasArts.

RIP LucasArts

Last edited:
That link doesn't work for me.

Yes, it works and I've posted!! :)

Okay, indie dev Christer "McFunkypants" Kaitila won the right to name a character in FK2 (sounds like he wants a rock giant named after him).

Today, I pose a question (and offer another copy of Torchlight), related to the Ultima series: Which of the four Frayed Knights would be the first to FLUNK the Quest of the Avatar from Ultima IV, and why….?

Is it an Original Sin, or simply Forsaken Virtue

The sale is almost over - through this weekend and part of Monday / Tuesday (depending on your time zone). But I'm doing something really weird as a give-away this weekend:

I'm giving away a custom item in Frayed Knights 2.

It'll exist in all copies of the game, but it'll be super hard to find. Customized for the winner of this give-away. If you are the winner, I'll tell you how to find your special (unique, but not super-overpowered) prize in the game. Whether or not you tell others is completely up to YOU.

For more info - check out:

A Very Special Frayed Knights 2 Gift

Just wanted to say, I finally bought Frayed Knights yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying it! Recommended to all who like old-school 1st-person RPG blobbers (note that movement is not grid-based, but free-form like Wizardry 8 / Might & Magic 6). There is a lot here to sink your teeth into, and interesting game mechanics to play with. Don't let the comedic tone fool you - this is a classic-style crunchy RPG experience.

And I'm finding the drama star mechanic and inter-party banter to be enjoyable additions to the old-school formula. Looking forward to digging into it more.

Get in on the sale while you can!

Frayed Knights was a solid, fun game. Highly recommended.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

It's been kind of a "niche within a niche" of a game, but I'm quite proud of it.

I purchased a cd of the first game and will probably do the same with the sequel. To be honest I havent even played it yet. But I like to support Indie game developers. IMO, they put out better games than the big developers in some cases, and actually care about their customers. Good luck and continued success.

Awesome name for the sequel by the way. The first one was just as good. "The Skull of S'makh Daon" Great stuff!

:) Thanks Icefire!

I don't wanna rip on AAA studios too much - they do come out with games I like occasionally, but some of 'em have been making some real crap moves that have pissed me off. And the role-playing games I'm by FAR most excited about (besides my own)? Almost all indie (or semi-indie).

We're getting an awesome resurgence of classic RPG love right now. Probably the best time to be an RPG fan since the early 90s.

Back
Top Bottom