Steam - Summer Sale Starts

I'm starting to smell some serious fanboy butthurt here.
I'm not really a fanboy, I've only played…I think 2? of Jeff's games. But I do respect that he's still making party-based / turn-based / top-down RPGs.

All I said was that his games were niche and that they have subpar production values as well as pointing out the repeated "remastering". (I'm going to use the term "remaster" from this point on as to not elicit further butthurt), and you're acting like I said his games were total garbage and no one should ever play them. Bravo!
No I'm not, as I've repeatedly stated on this page, the only thing that I really find odd is insulting him over remastering his games, and even that wasn't all that big of a deal until you started trying to deny that you had, even though it's obvious that was your intent.

So how long would you like to drag this out?
Not any longer, I'm out. This is off-topic, and I know how you roll - you won't stop replying until you get the last word and/or find a way to spin the narrative in your favor.

No I'm not, as I've repeatedly stated on this page, the only thing that I really find odd is insulting him over remastering his games, and even that wasn't all that big of a deal until you started trying to deny that you had, even though it's obvious that was your intent.

Again, you're projecting here. I wasn't trying to "insult" him. If that was my goal, I'm pretty sure I could have done more than just pointing out a few facts.

It's fine if you like his stuff that much that you want to defend it, but being dishonest by acting like I was waging war here is a little pathetic.
Not any longer, I'm out. This is off-topic, and I know how you roll - you won't stop replying until you get the last word and/or find a way to spin the narrative in your favor.

Right, because you dragged it out for almost an entire page already, and now you're going to act like I'm the one that didn't want to stop replying despite me saying six posts ago that we should let it get back on topic. :)

I picked up Dragon's Dogma. Kinda want to try out Yakuza 0 as well but I'm not sure if I will enjoy the main story and fighting as much as mini games (dance, karaoke and cabaret club)
Dragon's Dogma! Loved those big spells. And big monsters. I wonder if my pawn is still in a server somewhere?

I certainly loved the main story for Yakuza 0. If you don't like it that much, though, there's also the side stories. Those are really short but still fun (and usually funny).

There's certainly a LOT of minigames! A few of SEGA's old arcade games are reproduced in Y0. There's also blackjack, poker, a Japanese version of chess, fishing, Mah-Jong, bowling, billiards, darts… Many open up pretty quickly. Many more (including the cabaret club) are several hours in. I expect you won't be at all interested in collecting the sexy video tapes and nobody likes the women's wrestling game but those are easily ignored.

Are any good games expected in the next 5 months (besides greedfall)?
Play a game within 5 months of release!?!?

Dragon's Dogma I really enjoyed, at least while I was playing it. I doubt it's a game I'll ever replay, but everyone should give it a try at least once.

I bought guilds of delanar and zavix tower for 14 Canadian...

I bought guilds of delanar and zavix tower for 14 Canadian…
Man, I knew Canadians were cheap, but you only had to sell 14 of them for two games, talk about lowest common denominator.... :biggrin:

I picked up Dragon's Dogma. Kinda want to try out Yakuza 0 as well but I'm not sure if I will enjoy the main story and fighting as much as mini games (dance, karaoke and cabaret club)
My pawn is called Lady Calandra if you want a level 57 sorcerer. :)
I'm referring to the fact that he's well known for re-releasing the same games slightly upgraded and with a new title.

i.e. Exile = Avernum = Avernum: Escape from the Pit

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. If you like that and you're into his stuff then cool.
Thing is, when I first played Exile 3 it would have been on a win95/dos machine and I doubt it would run on a new OS. Plus, back then, 4:3 aspect monitors so the games are updated for widescreen now, too. Sure, it's a "slight" upgrade but also an important upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom