Bard's Tale IV - Launch Trailer & Wishlist Unlocked

BAD voice overs are a lot worse than no voice overs. Nothing quite as annoying as a character unable to keep to their intended dialect or that simply sounds…weird. If they're in your game they better be well done.

Last edited:
Personally, I think paying for voice overs is just a waste of funds. Use text instead, and with those saved monies, give us a much more robust product. Or just use people already attached to the project, you don't need professional voices to hook people in.

Oh, you just don't know how many people asked in the official Drakensang forums whether this was a bug or not only having the first lines being spoken !

BAD voice overs are a lot worse than no voice overs. Nothing quite as annoying as a character unable to keep to their intended dialect or that simply sounds…weird. If they're in your game they better be well done.

Yes ! And especially with translations ! Spoken by people who happen to accidentally know the target language, but nothing more ! Cynically put.

Just checked the sys requirements for this and Yikes! looks like my poor GTX 760 isn't going to be able to handle this. I'll still give it a whirl on low settings but I'm not getting my hopes up.

This is actually okay with me though if I wait a bit to play this. Just means I can focus more time on Pathfinder until I'm able to upgrade.

I'm afraid that poor performance is going to kill this game at release

From gameinformer review 76/100:

"You absolutely need a high tolerance for puzzles to enjoy The Bard’s Tale IV, which throws an absurd number of brain-twisters at the player, ranging from easy-to-solve dwarven gear doors to esoteric runic combinations. Some mandatory puzzles stymie progression and feel incredibly overbearing, especially in areas that present puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. I yearned for even a minor goblin to massacre after rooms of blocks, spikes, runes, and traps. These sections are frustrating and take much of the energy out of the excellent combat system by replacing it with tedious fiddling. Purists may love solving riddles spewed forth from disembodied wall-mouths, but the frequency in some areas is simply befuddling and detracting. Even though the game comes with a guide featuring all major solutions, looking up answers doesn’t make the puzzle gauntlet satisfying or fun."
--
Puzzles !!!

From gameinformer review 76/100:

"You absolutely need a high tolerance for puzzles to enjoy The Bard’s Tale IV, which throws an absurd number of brain-twisters at the player, ranging from easy-to-solve dwarven gear doors to esoteric runic combinations. Some mandatory puzzles stymie progression and feel incredibly overbearing, especially in areas that present puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. I yearned for even a minor goblin to massacre after rooms of blocks, spikes, runes, and traps. These sections are frustrating and take much of the energy out of the excellent combat system by replacing it with tedious fiddling. Purists may love solving riddles spewed forth from disembodied wall-mouths, but the frequency in some areas is simply befuddling and detracting. Even though the game comes with a guide featuring all major solutions, looking up answers doesn’t make the puzzle gauntlet satisfying or fun."
--
Puzzles !!!
Finally a review I agree with as I detest puzzles.:cool:

288thk.jpg

Moving on before the pitchforks and torches come after me.:biggrin:

I hope this game sells well enough because of this.

Brian Fargo wants to buy back Interplay
InXile Entertainment founder Brian Fargo had pledged to buy back Interplay, the company he co-founded in 1983.

Speaking on Twitter, Fargo framed his promise as a "stretch goal" for InXile's forthcoming PC game, The Bard's Tale IV.

"I'm asked what would we do if 'Bard's Tale IV' PC is a big hit," Fargo said, before adding that he will attempt to acquire Interplay if the game sells more than two million units within 18 months.
Same here, I hope he’s exaggerating because I won’t play through it if it’s puzzle after puzzle.
Agree I'm fine with major puzzles to advance the story, but not where it's one after another. One bad example was the various puzzles in Might & Magic X: Legacy.

They seem to be a staple of these games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom