Borderlands 3 - Epic Games Store Exclusive?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well lets get this out of the way recent rumor and speculation based on Twitter replies from Randy Pitchford suggest it might be another Epic Store Exclusive.

Link - https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/509477-borderlands-3-epic-games-store-exclusivity-gearbox-ceo
Link - https://www.githyp.com/theres-a-hig...s-store-exclusive-if-its-revealed-in-2-weeks/
Link - https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands-3/borderlands-3-epic-store
I am excited to support the Epic Games Store.

(I’ve been asked a lot about it today. To add more color: Our friends at Epic are great people who care about the health of our industry and the value of creators big and small. Their leadership on this front is welcome and due.)

What’s wrong with that? A PC is a PC - who cares which store you get your games from? I’m just curious to learn the mind-set. I am a customer on lots of different PC platforms.

james-quinn-1.jpg

Well at least it wont be another bait and switch situation again.:cool:

Well at this rate in a few years Steam will lose a lot of the major releases. They better offer a better split of revenue, or other benefits to keep games on their platform.

Seems we are indeed entering a PC Exclusive War. Wonder who will win in the end?

Last edited:
I'll win for sure, will save alot of money probably :lol:

Seems we are indeed entering a PC Exclusive War. Wonder who will win in the end?
My bet is on Tencent.
Doesn't mean much as I also thought Vivendi will win Ubi takeover attempt, but so far Tencent succeeded in every plan they had.
I'll win for sure, will save alot of money probably :lol:
Unless you work for EA, I don't see how's saving a lot of money possible.

Hopefully in any event, the consumers will be victorious. It will take time for all this to work out, I'll be paying attention to it for certain.

Well at this rate in a few years Steam will lose a lot of the major releases. They better offer a better split of revenue, or other benefits to keep games on their platform.

We, the consumers ????? Oh, wait......

We, the consumers ????? Oh, wait……
Small chance we win but what do I know, I'm an entitled privileged steam user.:biggrin:
The most remarkable thing about the whole Epic Games Store movement is gamers, who are accustomed to the fact that video game developers / publishers should default to them, finally blinking their eyes to discover they are unpleasant aggressive assholes with unrealistic requirements.

I'm not sure it is the revenue split per sey; so far it sounds like it is epic using fornite $$$$ to buy exclusivity. Given that epic is a much larger company not sure steam can compete 1:1 in that sort of fight.

I'm not sure it is the revenue split per sey; so far it sounds like it is epic using fornite $$$$ to buy exclusivity. Given that epic is a much larger company not sure steam can compete 1:1 in that sort of fight.

Not a lot is known about Valve apart than they have been milking the PC cow for years and years with a structure of less than 300 people.
It is not like if they were throwing money out of the window either so I would not be as sure than you about their treasury and their capacity to reply to that if they wanted to.

That is the question, would they do that? For the moment:
EA has left and they did not care.
Bethesda has left and they did not care.
Blizzard was never there.

Some interesting games, for us, like Phoenix Point are on Epic with an exclusive of 1 year, but so what actually?
Pretty sure they do more money with one yearly iteration of Football Manager than Epic will do in one year with all their exclusives minus what they had to give for that year of exclusivity.
After this year, all those games will be on Steam, fully patched, with all the DLC minus some Live Skin Crab DLC or whatever.
I am not sure than Steam is feeling it, I see more Epic trying very very hard to be relevant.

More leaked details.

Link - https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...g-except-bandit-scav-multiple-planets.107777/

• Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS
  • Tannis is not what she seems
  • AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain
  • Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2
  • Writing is more like BL1 than BL2
  • 4 new vault hunters
  • Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills
  • Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.
  • The female seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors.
  • The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.
  • There's a black female Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.
  • NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL
  • Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
  • The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only females can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees
  • The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.
  • They will have their own weapon brand
  • All brands returning except Bandit/Scav
  • All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them.
  • You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.
  • We're going to Promethea

Sounds good. Almost too good.

Borderlands 3 - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Looks like more of the same. Should I be surprised or disappointed?

Looks like more of the same. Should I be surprised or disappointed?

On one level its scary you are asking the internet how you should feel :)

I'm surprised you'd be surprised!
The formula is working, I can't imagine they'd break it too much at this stage.

Unrelated, I do have to go back and finish BL2. Never quite did.

On one level its scary you are asking the internet how you should feel :)

I'm surprised you'd be surprised!
It's a rhetorical question wisdom.:p

Never finished both games myself as better games took my interest.

Always preferred the original art style also.

Back
Top Bottom