Pricewatch!

Oxenfree available for free on Epic store, not sure if its my cup of tea, but hey it's free.

Oxenfree is very linear and lacks any meaningful puzzles. It is not hard at all. However it is a very nice story-driven experience that must depend on its atmosphere (which it delivers in good quantity).

Edit: it has multiple endings which all linger around in your mind after finishing

What I meant is anything an esp good price. Most of the games i checked were at their more or less monthly price. Hellblade for example was lowest price ever.

There is 3 pages of RPGs on sales, somewhat hard to know what you don't own or like. The "classics" all appear to be on sale (well minus the newly added Diablo).

edit: O_O, $1.99CAD for Ultima 7 complete edition.

Just finished Oxenfree (which I got via the RPG Christmas Giveaway, so thanks to that I didn't need to bother with epic ^^).
5-6h game and good entertainment. Would compare it with walking simulators though. Very good implementation of dialogues and great music. But the "lack of any meaningful puzzles" ilm mentioned is almost an overstatement. It lacks any puzzles.
It's a good game nevertheless if you like that kind of story focused experience.

Sounds like that brother game. Great game just not very long or much in the way of choices or puzzles. Still was great story.

Just finished Oxenfree (which I got via the RPG Christmas Giveaway, so thanks to that I didn't need to bother with epic ^^).
5-6h game and good entertainment. Would compare it with walking simulators though. Very good implementation of dialogues and great music. But the "lack of any meaningful puzzles" ilm mentioned is almost an overstatement. It lacks any puzzles.
It's a good game nevertheless if you like that kind of story focused experience.

The Ubisoft Store is having a spring sale. You can get Assassin's Creed Odyssey for 66% off and AC Origins for 70% off. Games like Watch Dogs are up to 85% off. Heavy discounts on Far Cry and Tom Clancy games as well.

Steam is offering similar prices; with the steam version you still have to use uplay for ubi games but just mentioning if someone has a preference.

The Ubisoft Store is having a spring sale. You can get Assassin's Creed Odyssey for 66% off and AC Origins for 70% off. Games like Watch Dogs are up to 85% off. Heavy discounts on Far Cry and Tom Clancy games as well.

Steam is offering similar prices; with the steam version you still have to use uplay for ubi games but just mentioning if someone has a preference.

Yeah, there's no point in buying Ubisoft games from Steam imo. Better to buy them directly from Uplay (or purchase a Uplay key from a 3rd-party site) and only have 1 client running while you play.

Did anyone play those? I tried the first AC game but I found it very repetitive. Are the new ones better in that regard? Also, I read that the last two ones are more RPG oriented. Are they a good entry point into the series or do I need to play the others to know what is going on story-wise?

Did anyone play those? I tried the first AC game but I found it very repetitive. Are the new ones better in that regard? Also, I read that the last two ones are more RPG oriented. Are they a good entry point into the series or do I need to play the others to know what is going on story-wise?

You can jump in these anywhere but they aren't RPG's in my book. You do develop/improve skills but there are few options and you are still an assassin at the end of the day.

AC1 was very repetitive, I think the others have been much more engrossing, you could look at Unity/Rogue first as you should be able to get them very cheap (AC2 series is my favourite but looking old now). Origins is the Egyptian one and I thought very good, not so cheap yet.

I played those, not all though.
- Tom Clancy, whatever that is, neverheard till today, can't comment.
- FC series stick with FC3 ignore the rest, except maybe this last postapoc standalone DLC, apparently it's good but have yet to try.

About AC games, never bought Syndicate nor will. Also never bought phone and nintendo gameboy garbageware (Altair’s Chronicles, Bloodlines, Discovery, Pirates, Identity, China, India and Russia). All others I finished except AC:Unity and Liberation.

From those I played, when it comes to AC games:
mustplays before you die: Rogue and Odyssey
great ones you'll like if not love: AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3, Freedom Cry (standalone DLC) and Origins
feel free to skip, nothing much to see: AC1
utter garbage you should never buy: AC4, Unity, Liberation

About Watch Dogs, skip the first game as it's one of the worst games Ubisoft ever made. Watch Dogs 2 on the other hand is completely different from it and awsome, buy it. Now.

One thing to remember while playing Ubisoft's singleplayer openworlds. Don't grind. You can grind, just don't.

Thanks guys, I think I'll try AC Orgins and see if it suits me.

Back
Top Bottom