What games are you playing now?

It has Littlefinger from GoT so it can't be that bad. ;)

Seriously though, I'll probably grab it.

Yeah, and some other great actors, like Lance Reddick, or whatever his name is. That dude has the voice of an angel. He was in loads of police drama series, like The Wire.

Given that Wasteland 3 just came out, thought I better finally start Wasteland 2.
Even at 6 years old, it's nowhere near the oldest game in my priority queue. :blush:

I need to do the same, but the OCD demon inside me won't allow me to play W2 until I finish W1. :)

I have been playing Drakensang which i bought recently(including river of time and 4 puzzle point and click style games included in the set/saga), along with modded minecraft, modded torchlight 2, and the stronghold games.

Finished Inside again. I tried to get to the alternate ending but missed 2 beacons (secrets). Annoyingly just before the huge watertank there's a ladder and if you descend there's no way to get back up again (to the secret).

I have been playing Drakensang which i bought recently(including river of time and 4 puzzle point and click style games included in the set/saga), along with modded minecraft, modded torchlight 2, and the stronghold games.

From a Drakensang fan:
Drakensang: River of Time is highly recommended (the previous game is not needed to enjoy it, so you can safely start here)

The Drakensang P&C adventure games (Satinav, Memoria) are of acquired taste -- personally, I liked them, but strictly as a modern King's Quest-wannabe generic fantasy games (they don't really feel "Drakensang enough" to me).

FYI, if you are interested in good fantasy P&C adventure games, try out these classic gems as well:
- Dragonsphere (Microprose, DOS)
- Death Gate (Legend, DOS)

I played around 2h of A Way Out, by myself, and it took some pain but I managed pretty well. And then I quit the game (saw now save options, and according to EA the game saves automatically). And upon re-entering, saw no option to load. And the only "Continue" option is greyed out. What in the actual fuck.

Did the save fail or something? This was in steam via Origin. Anyways, I'm not gonna waste my time this way. Going through the pain of playing a co-op game by myself, and then have the game not save my progress. Fuck that! I got my refund.

Anyways, for the little I played, it seems most of the game is just different scenarios where you need to coordinate with your co-op buddy to do various things. The story seems pretty meh and generic. Nothing to remark on. Just your cliche jailbreak story. Seemed ok, but not worth going through the pain of not having saves. And I doubt I'd be able to finish it in one sitting.

I'm playing a game called The Infected. It's a zombie survival game, so if you've played The Forest or 7 Days to Die, this is a blend of those. This has optional settings for the hordes that attack your base, which I love. I don't mind zombies that are roaming the military installations, but I find random hordes that attack your base, just so you have something to do, tedious. I set those as low as I can, finish collecting everything and then quit the game and play something else.

Replaying Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines with a Toreador. What a great game it is.

Replaying Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines with a Toreador. What a great game it is.

Started that also, but wasn't feeling it again so soon (replayed late last year) ... was really in the mood for -

Risen - evidently after playing it through as Mage/Warrior/Bandit ... I haven't played since 2012 according to Steam. Already several hours in and so much is still familiar even after 8 years ... and I am thrilled at how great it looks AND plays on the Surface Pro 7 (yeah, broken record - but it is nice not having to break out the full gaming system). Thoroughly enjoying it so far ...

Still playing Troubleshooter. I need to give it a little rest - I've been playing it a ton. (And I'm kinda trying to keep the down time between when I finish and when Bianca and Alysa show up on the team to a minimum.)
I have been playing Drakensang which i bought recently...
Mooo! Moooo!!! I don't remember a whole lot from that game, but I'll remember that quest for a long time!

I keep wanting to get into these grand-strategy games, and cannot seem to find out to get into. So with the recent fanfare around Crusader Kings 3, I went for it and started playing.

And holy shit is it dense. But I really like the mechanics of political/diplomatic/economic/military simulation. Just that I usually don't have the patience for it. I'm still quite early in the game, and still learning a lot. But am fascinated by it.

Not sure how long it will keep me, but I'd like to learn the ropes properly, if I don't lose interest. I feel this is the type of game I'd play in my retirement years.

@danutz_plusplus;

YouTubers are always a matter of taste and maybe you will find the guy annoying for some reason but as far as I'm concerned, I think that PartyElite is doing a really good job when it comes to covering strategy games so maybe check out his freshly started CK3 series?

@danutz_plusplus;

YouTubers are always a matter of taste and maybe you will find the guy annoying for some reason but as far as I'm concerned, I think that PartyElite is doing a really good job when it comes to covering strategy games so maybe check out his freshly started CK3 series?

I haven't watched his CK3 series yet, but I've been a subscriber to PartyElite for a couple of years, and for me his let's plays are borderline unwatchable but his other videos are great. I can't handle his "this, well, I mean that, but maybe when I say this I should have said this, and before I do that I might want to do that, but I don't know" recursive, real time babble.

Other options are Many a True Nerd and Quill18. Two other strong personalities you may or may not personally get on with. I'd prefer a more soft spoken approach (minus the endless second-guessing of PE) myself, but I don't know if anyone like that is doing it right now. Maybe Arumba at some point.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 and enjoying it a heap. I'm playing the linux version, which was working fine until I had to return to the Citadel, where I found that none of the Citadel saves would load. CTD central.

Anywho, apparently the game wasn't programmed with knowledge that there is a fairly common default user resource limit (1024) in linux. Check it with "ulimit -n".
Anyway, altering that to something like 4096 (e.g. editing limits.conf file) fixes it. Shouldn't have to, probably a reason why you shouldn't, but there it is.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 and enjoying it a heap. I'm playing the linux version, which was working fine until I had to return to the Citadel, where I found that none of the Citadel saves would load. CTD central.

Anywho, apparently the game wasn't programmed with knowledge that there is a fairly common default user resource limit (1024) in linux. Check it with "ulimit -n".
Anyway, altering that to something like 4096 (e.g. editing limits.conf file) fixes it. Shouldn't have to, probably a reason why you shouldn't, but there it is.

That limit is just there to stop processes running away with opening files and gobbling up all the memory. It's pretty odd that a game process would go near that limit. Probably a bug rather than something they overlooked.

Probably a bug rather than something they overlooked.
It's disappointing they haven't fixed it. A quick search around sees it reported (and acknowledged) as long ago as November 2015.

From inXile:
This is an engine-level issue in the current Unity version, to our knowledge, and results in multiple copies of the same game files being loaded into memory. Because Linux has max open file limits as defined by the OS, the game hits into those limits and the OS won't let it open more files. This can manifest as all manner of strange behavior, which you may be seeing.

Looks like they never bothered dealing with it.
They no respect the penguin! :p

I tried Doom Eternal on Stadia and I've learned a lesson. It looks ok, not as smooth or as clear as on a PC, but playable. It is a much more solid performance than I had with GeForce Now, where everything blurs with movement. I have a 70Mbp connection, so not top tier but it should certainly be able to handle gaming like this. Anyway, the problem with Doom is that it glitches/stutters slightly on a regular basis. It was small enough not to be really noticeable at first, but then increasingly became a problem due to the fast paced nature of the game. After about an hour I gave up - it was annoying me far too much. The game itself looked ok, it didn't grab me in the same way DOOM 2016 did but I'm not sure how much of that was down to stutter annoyance. Anyway, the lesson for me is not to try to stream action games on Stadia, although hopefully a turn based RPG like Baldurs Gate III will work better.

So I've returned to an old friend and rolled a party to take through Icewind Dale. I'd forgotten how awesome the music is on this one, really enjoying it.

I'm playing Divine Divinity for the umpteenth time. Also the new early access game, Legendary Flatulence...nope Journeys.

So very old and very old looking but new :D

Back
Top Bottom