Arkane Studios - New Fantasy IP Omen?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reports on a rumour about Arkanes next fantasy IP which suggests a focus on Vampires and is set to be unveiled at E3.

The rumour originated on ResetEra and has since been shared on Twitter by @_XboxNews. Arkane Austin's new IP is apparently called Omen (or that's its working title, at least) and has vampires. The game apparently has Spring 2022 target launch window, and will allegedly be revealed at E3 next month, perhaps with a CGI trailer.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Btw, this will be on gamepass day one;)

Of course it will they are a subsidiary of Bethesda who is owned by Microsoft.;)

Without knowing anything about it yet, I can't say I care. ;)

I am looking forward to more details though. Arkane is one of those rare developers that has yet to make a bad game.

Yes, but only because they know when to cancel a bad game.

Another Arkane fan here, and personally quite ready for a good game involving vampires, since we seem destined to never get one from Hardsuit/Paradox/Whoever.

Knowing Arkane, I doubt it'll be as generic as it sounds.
I can vaguely remember that I tried Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah back in the days and that I didn't like them for some reasons that I forgot. Dishonored was ok, but it didn't exactly excite me. I even skipped the final mission. Didn't try Dishonored 2.

But still I'm open minded to a new game of course. It's just that there are roughly 26.3 settings that I would get more excited for.

I can vaguely remember that I tried Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah back in the days and that I didn't like them for some reasons that I forgot. Dishonored was ok, but it didn't exactly excite me. I even skipped the final mission. Didn't try Dishonored 2.

It's ok. We still allow people with shit taste to hang out here. ;)

Seriously though, I'm surprised you didn't like Arx Fatalis.

It's ok. We still allow people with shit taste to hang out here. ;)
Haha, yeah, would be boring without you here. :D

Seriously though, I'm surprised you didn't like Arx Fatalis.
Hm... could it be that you were only running around in dungeons and caves, so without exterior areas with vegetation, sky and stuff?

VtMB2 :lol:
Doubt it but you never know given Hardsuit Labs lost the IP.o_O
Paradox Interactive announced that Hardsuit Labs would no longer be working on the game, and that Paradox Interactive would be collaborating with another developer to finish the productio

Interesting.

Unfortunately, it seems most of their games don't do particularly well financially.

So, with that in mind, I can't exactly jump up and down about any future plans - as I'm sure they're subject to publisher demands like most developers.

Interesting.

Unfortunately, it seems most of their games don't do particularly well financially.

So, with that in mind, I can't exactly jump up and down about any future plans - as I'm sure they're subject to publisher demands like most developers.

Actually this is the one area that we don't have to worry about anymore....as long as they are good games that will be enough, their games go directly to gamepass and should do good there.

Back
Top Bottom