King's Bounty II - Pre-Order Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for King's Bounty II has appeared.

King's Bounty II is finally available to pre-order for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store) across all major physical and digital retailers. Nintendo Switch version will be available at all good retailers and digital pre-orders soon. King's Bounty II will be launching on August 24th, 2021 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
More information.

Well, I'm definitely not pre ordering this. I have hopes for a good game - but they're only hopes at this point. Will await some reviews... this could easily be great - or terrible.

I'm not intereted in an realistic looking game of this sort.

I have the impression that they went back a bit to a more fantasy looking game.. i like what i see now.

Other than helping to kick start a game these days, I cannot even remember the last time I ordered one in advance. As for this one, I'll be waiting to see what folks think of it long before I bust out my wallet.

What's the point of a pre-order?
Possible points:
  • better product (bonuses, special edition)
  • cheaper product (lower price)
  • earlier product (pre-load)

Possible points:
  • better product (bonuses, special edition)
  • cheaper product (lower price)
  • earlier product (pre-load)

I'd want to play whatever version everyone else was playing.
If I liked the game and was looking to support the developer I'd want to pay a normal price, if I'm more interested in price and didn't care about the support I'd wait for a sale, which happens more often than not on release day nowadays anyway.
I have no idea why playing a game a week before anyone else is important.

I don't want to argue if these points make sense, but they are reasons why people preorder.

But:
If I liked the game and was looking to support the developer I'd want to pay a normal price
If you get the game for a lower proce in a store (like steam) the dev/publisher won't get a lower revenue. The shop gets a lower revenue.

It's not about playing the game earlier than anyone else, but simply playing earlier.

If I liked the game and was looking to support the developer I'd want to pay a normal price, if I'm more interested in price and didn't care about the support I'd wait for a sale, which happens more often than not on release day nowadays anyway.

Good, but I'm sure many people might be tempted by all three points. If people weren't, they wouldn't organize pre-order anyhow :)

For me, a pre-order is when I'm really confiant in the developer ability to produce great games and that I'm pretty sure I will buy them anyhow.

It's not about playing the game earlier than anyone else, but simply playing earlier.

Yeah, that doesn't differentiate the point in my mind. Just seems like a remarkably, erm, childish? mindset.

Good, but I'm sure many people might be tempted by all three points. If people weren't, they wouldn't organize pre-order anyhow :)

For me, a pre-order is when I'm really confiant in the developer ability to produce great games and that I'm pretty sure I will buy them anyhow.

So just buy it when it's released? Why take a pointless gamble for the sake of taking a pointless gamble?

Yeah, that doesn't differentiate the point in my mind. Just seems like a remarkably, erm, childish? mindset.
Hm... I don't think it's childish.
If I really like to do a certain thing, I like to do it sooner than later, if there aren't any drawbacks.

Hm… I don't think it's childish.
If I really like to do a certain thing, I like to do it sooner than later, if there aren't any drawbacks.

Of course there's drawbacks, you're buying a game before you know if it's actually going to be any good and setting yourself up for a sunk cost fallacy.

So just buy it when it's released? Why take a pointless gamble for the sake of taking a pointless gamble?

Because of some extra-feature? Because I want to encourage the developers who usually don't get much revenue during the development? Because it's on sale? Because "why delay something that's going to happen no matter what"?

Plenty of possible reasons. If none resonate for you, so be it. But for a lot of people, they do.

Something though has really changed in the past ten years, to where there's a decent chance that a new game, when released, simply won't be fully functional for a variety of reasons. I don't recall anything even close to this phenomena back in the eighties and nineties, I'm not sure if the work involved just got more shoddy or if laziness crept in somewhere along the line.

Back
Top Bottom