The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The King Arthur: Knight's Tale Kickstarter is live now:

King Arthur: Knight's Tale

The Role-Playing Tactical Game set in an Arthurian Dark Fantasy World

Story

You are Sir Mordred, the nemesis of King Arthur, the former black knight of the grim tales. You killed King Arthur, but with his dying breath, he struck you down. You both died - and yet, you both live.

The Lady of the Lake, the ruler of the mystical island of Avalon brought you back to end a true nightmare. She wants you to go on a knightly quest. She wants you to finish what you have begun. Kill King Arthur - or whatever he has become after she took his dying vessel to Avalon.

King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a Role-playing Tactical Game - a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games (like X-Com) and traditional, character-centric RPGs.

Knight's Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through the dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry.

The story campaign puts a huge emphasis on moral choices, which have significant consequences in a rogue-lite structure, adding extra tension to the tactical and management decisions.

Your Fights

Control a small team of heroes and fight gruelling, but satisfying battles with a deeply engaging, tactical turn-based combat system.

• Diverse battle maps - Position yourself, avoid shieldwalls, flank your enemies. Use covers against archers, make use of the terrain, hide in the foliage, surprise your enemies!
  • Control the battleground - Scouting ahead is important as your enemies could be hiding as well. Use traps, lure and avoid enemy combatants until you can strike safely.
  • Team tactics - Choose from more than 30 heroes of 5 diverse classes to assemble an efficient team. Combine hundreds of skills and artifacts, but be careful. One misstep and your heroes could be maimed, or worse, killed permanently.
  • Learn about your enemies - Opposing forces and mythical creatures will try to challenge you at every step. Pay attention to their weaknesses and strengths!
Your Heroes

No one can face the nightmare alone - gather an army of loyal knights, settle disputes and forge your own path

• The Round Table reborn - Gather your own Knights of the Round Table and send them on knightly quests. In "Knight's Tale" these heroes are the most important resources and the most complex gameplay elements at the same time.
  • Complex RPG-like characters - The character progression system is designed to be as deep as in the traditional RPGs: heroes level upon unique skill trees and the complex loot system provides unique options to fine-tune their tactical capabilities.
  • Death is always final - Beware! Heroes can die during missions and the treatment of their injuries, curses, diseases takes time. You must manage them at the Round Table accordingly, planning ahead before going into battles. As heroes take time off between consequent missions, management of their injuries and selecting their substitutes are essential components of gameplay.
  • A question of loyalty - Each hero has a distinctive personality. Settle disputes and grant favors to convince various knights to remain loyal to you. Some of them will observe your decisions closely, and some knights will even have conflicts with each other. It is your job to select heroes that are the best fit for your goals (and each other) at the Round Table. The heroes' loyalty is constantly changing through the decisions made by the player - in certain cases they can ever leave the Round Table and turn against you.
Your Kingdom

Forge your kingdom with steel and faith - restore the order and bring an end to the nightmare unleashed in Avalon

• Explore the land of nightmares - "King Arthur: Knight's Tale" is an imaginative take on the aftermath of the Arthurian mythology, beginning where most tales end. After his last battle, where King Arthur suffered a lethal wound, he has been taken to the magical island of Avalon where he was supposed to gain immortality, but what happens when immortality means that he is simply unable to die?
  • A terrible force in Avalon - The Once and Future King is now trapped in the realm of Avalon and his pain is slowly turning this magical place into a nightmare version of his own Britannia, populating the land with the familiar and the uncanny.
  • Your kingdom in need - See the entirety of the land presented on a strategic map, observe all fiefdoms and secret corners, select your missions and explore various places. The people are suffering, the land is plagued by nightmares and the choice is yours: will you be savior or the scourge of this cursed realm?
  • Camelot reborn - Management in "Knight's Tale" focuses on rebuilding Camelot and expanding the mystical Stronghold with new buildings that each unlock various upgrades, and also offers different ways to heal up and manage the heroes of the Round Table.
Your Legend

Whatever you do, you will shape your legend, but all your choices will have severe consequences.

• Write your own tale of chivalry - Play as Sir Mordred, the former nemesis of King Arthur. Explore the mystical island of Avalon, venture on knightly quests and make decisions in various encounters where you'll need to make moral choices, as in most RPGs, which all have impact on the story and your Morality.
  • The making of a monarch - The Morality Chart represents your general alignment as a ruler. Your status between Christianity and Old Faith, between Tyranny and Righteousness. Your choices affect values on this chart, influencing both gameplay and narrative.
  • The weight of decisions - Reloading is not an option in Knight's Tale - as you make your tough choices, the fun comes from dealing with severe consequences. Based on your decisions, every playthrough can unfold differently, branching in unexpected ways in a non-linear fashion. Planning and choosing differently will result in vastly different playthroughs: your legend is shaped by every action you take.
  • The end is only the beginning - The end of the campaign opens up new endgame content for the bravest of all: tough new challenges appear on the map with challenging, mythic bossfights and random quests, loot, and character progression ultimately leading to the banishing of Balor, the monstrous god-king of the Fomorians himself.
Beyond the Legend

Witness the Arthurian legend like you never have before - rich in content and presented with the highest graphical fidelity to date.

• See the world and the countless legends it harbors - Complete more than 50 unique points of interest on the Adventure Map, including 20 story missions and various side quests, taking place on diverse terrains, from the dark castle dungeons to the forests of the Sídhe.
  • Tackle them one by one - Challenge 7 enemy factions, fight more than 50 types of enemy units, overcome 10 incredible boss fights throughout your quests.
  • A spectacular view - The production of "Knight's Tale" relies heavily on photoscanned environments and high-quality mocap animation, all rendered inside a modern PBR engine utilizing DirectX 12, supporting strong, atmospheric effects.
Thanks Yemeth and Porcozaur!

More information.

Still waiting for NeoCore to answer…
Are you planning on forcing an online account for the single player aspects?

I consider forcing always online for the single player component of games completely unacceptable, and will be cancelling this pledge if that is the case.

This was the sole reason I avoided buying Inquisitor / Prophecy.

Looks neat. I really like the art direction here especially the monster design.

I could do without the kingdom management aspect, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

Hmm, if I read that right, no reloading, so that basically means permadeath? When you die, you start back at the beginning? Doesn't sound like my type of game. If reloading was an option, I'd be interested. I can only imagine the anguish I would feel if I got near the end without dying, only to die and need to start over again all the way back at square one.
P.S. Apologies if I am misinformed about how this game works.

Thanos wants his head back.

thanos-marvel-mcu.jpg

Uh.. Neocore is our domestic game development company.. unless some star designer somehow found home there, I remain vary of this one.. Although their art director and the graphics artists never lacked skill. After so many Meh-games made, by now they should have really evolved to a FCKN state, where they can make Fallout1/2 quality fun!

Hmm, if I read that right, no reloading, so that basically means permadeath? When you die, you start back at the beginning? Doesn't sound like my type of game. If reloading was an option, I'd be interested. I can only imagine the anguish I would feel if I got near the end without dying, only to die and need to start over again all the way back at square one.
P.S. Apologies if I am misinformed about how this game works.

I don't think it's permadeath. The impression I have is that the game autosaves after certain story decisions. Like in Vampyr, for example, if you've ever played that.

24hrs later they answered twenty other questions…Looks like I was correct.:(

Cancelling my pledge not like it matters as it'll still be released if this fails.

I don't think it's permadeath. The impression I have is that the game autosaves after certain story decisions. Like in Vampyr, for example, if you've ever played that.

Hmmm, good to know. While I like the look of this, I personally am tired of rogue-lite mechanics so depending on how those get implemented I may - or may not - try this.

Whoah, getting to play Mordred sounds pretty excellent to me! I've not pledged to a game in quite some time, but I'm off to read more up on this one, thanks for sharing the news with us.

Ah, good to know. Hope you are correct.

Carnifex said:
Whoah, getting to play Mordred sounds pretty excellent to me!

It could be interesting. But they also have some moral choices there (which is good thing) but Im not sure if Mordred is good protagonist for that. :) But generally its fine.

SSIGuy said:
While I like the look of this, I personally am tired of rogue-lite mechanics

no reloading, so that basically means permadeath? When you die, you start back at the beginning? Doesn't sound like my type of game.

No. I never saw permadeath mentioned anywhere. The game should save when you quit like in some other games.

Still haven't answered the question. They actually avoided answering it.:mad:
Given that this is the sole question in the comments you've avoided answering, I can only assume that your planning the same scummy approach you used for Inquisitor, and require always online for single player. As such I'll be cancelling shortly. After giving you one last day to respond to that question.
They just need to admit it but are afraid it will cost them backers. Watch them post an update after it's funded talking about the online aspect of the game.>:O

Might have checked it out. But I can't with an always online for a single player session.

Luckely the colors brown and grey were available in huge quantities :lol:
Apart from that, it looks quite good, but it also looks very generic. Like something I would buy at a bargain price.

Well what do you know they finally answered.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale WILL support offline play, however, some features, such as leaderboards and achievements will only be available to online players.
Guess posting on multiple sites worked. See bad publicly works.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom