WoW - Shadowlands becomes the fastest-selling PC Game

Why make something new when you got the fastest selling videogame in your hands? ;)

Nothing lasts forever, even it might seem so at the moment. If company forgets about that, it will enjoy hard times in future, sooner or later...

Nothing lasts forever, even it might seem so at the moment. If company forgets about that, it will enjoy hard times in future, sooner or later…

Don't forget that they are making Diablo 4 and what we have seen so far seems like a return to the roots…That might actually become a great game…

Don't forget that they are making Diablo 4 and what we have seen so far seems like a return to the roots…That might actually become a great game…
Will they ditch Battle.net and the need to play every SP game online? Probably a no as that's who Blizzard is nowadays, and why I have minimal interest in their games.:'(

SWTOR took so much from WOW ... And I really grew to HATE factions ...

Why make something new when you got the fastest selling videogame in your hands? ;)

Indeed. I've never understood the desire to constantly demand the extremely different for the sake of the extremely different.

I can understand if the game was limited in the first place and doesn't lend itself well to reiteration, but mostly most games can reiterate for eternity with only minor changes in design and gameplay without it being a case of 'why don't they do something new'.

With something like WoW especially, its easy to forget that a decent percentage of those players will likely be first-time players, people for who there isn't an old formula for them to be bored of yet.

If you're a ten year vet of the game, obviously you're going to burn out at some point, but not all the players are going to be ten year vets and it seems somewhat selfish to want to change things up just because one person is 'bored bored bored' because they over-ground it years ago, as if they're the only people on the planet that matters.

I haven't played for awhile but the game didn't seem to be drawing in many new players. Rolling a new character or playing one of my low alts, I rarely encountered anyone who was new. Wow don't really change up the game, each expansion adds a new area. Maybe that puts people off, getting to max level seems daunting, plus the subscription these days may be off-putting, a years sub is almost the same as three AAA games cost.

I haven't played for awhile but the game didn't seem to be drawing in many new players. Rolling a new character or playing one of my low alts, I rarely encountered anyone who was new. Wow don't really change up the game, each expansion adds a new area. Maybe that puts people off, getting to max level seems daunting, plus the subscription these days may be off-putting, a years sub is almost the same as three AAA games cost.

Leveling up definitely is daunting, especially if you have to go through crappy expansion contents like Dreanor. I started playing WoW during LotLK to Pandaria then returned during Legion - it was pain to go through Dreanor area to get to max level. Then BfA made me quit for good and not looking forward to go back even if Shadowlands is decent :)

Back
Top Bottom