Owlcat Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020

Redglyph

proud GASP member
A little retrospective by Owlcat Games​

They even made small infographics, apparently they doubled this year, and would already be preparing the next game (said in their last interview)? In August, someone had spotted a job offer for an artist on an unannounced turn-based sci-fi game, and there was some speculation about a possible Starfinder game. All bets are open.

In parallel, the beta of Wrath of the Righteous is about to begin!

Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.:)

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide from the OwlCat Inquisition.:paranoid:

Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.:)

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide form the OwlCat Inquisition.:paranoid:

You don't miss much, do you? :)

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!

You don't miss much, do you? :)

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!
I miss plenty of news but I was new-editor on this site for about two years. I used to do interviews with developers as well, but now I just have have a news thread.:)

Sad to see we have to wait for Wrath of the Righteous to be released for more info.

I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games) :p

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.

I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games) :p

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.

I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.

I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.

I don't know much about Starfinder universe but people say its Pathfinder equivalent of D&D Spelljammer.

I can only hope their future games will be less about boring trash fights and lifeless content - and more about interesting things to find!

I don't hate Wrath of the Righteous just not as interested in this new setting then I was with Kingmaker. I also like to play other settings beside fantasy which is abundant.

I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences :D

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.

While I'm not a big fan of sci-fi, I will check it out anyway since its from Owlcats ;)

Who knows, maybe this will be the game that will make me like sci-fi setting.

I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences :D

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.
Bethesda's new game Starfield should be early sci-fi. Though you prefer CRPGS.:p

Still Starfinder is basically Pathfinder in space.

Back
Top Bottom