Torment: Tides of Numenera - Release Date: February 28, 2017

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Torment: Tides of Numenera will be released on February 28, 2017 and the Early Access version got a big update:

Hello all,

Today we're excited to share some very important news with you!

Release Date

First off, Torment: Tides of Numenera now has a final release date! The game is coming February 28th, 2017. When that date comes, your Steam copy will automatically update to the release build and you will be able to enjoy the entire game's contents.

We are incredibly excited about this milestone. It has been a long road and now we are finally almost ready to share the next chapter in the Torment legacy with you.

Tidal Surge Update

Second, we have a brand new update to Torment's early access version. We know many of you have been waiting for this update, and now we're very happy to be able to deliver a much-improved version of Torment for you to enjoy.

Like previous builds, this one will allow you to play the game's first major chunk, taking you through Sagus Cliffs and some parts of the Castoff's Labyrinth – the remaining content will come with the final game, as we don't want to spoil everything, after all!

The Tidal Surge Update includes literally thousands of changes from the last beta version. There's simply far too many to show you as we'd probably start to approach the word count of the entire game just in version notes, but we'll certainly give you the highlights...

Update Highlights:

• Voice-acting has been added to key characters and conversations.
  • Huge balance improvements across combat, loot and economy.
  • Tweaks and adjustments to character stats, such as armor and resistances.
  • Many interface art and functionality improvements, fixes and other refinements.
  • Improvements to visual and sound effects, especially combat abilities.
  • Reworked early-game crisis flow.
  • Game settings such as key rebinding and text size are now available.
  • Added tutorials and other helpers (optional).
  • Hundreds of bug fixes and performance optimizations.
[...]

More information.

CAn barely wait to get lost in a real RPG with choices...

I usually stay away from detailed pre-release information but yesterday I watched some as Loading Ready Run on Twitch streamed the beta of this game and it looked good to me. The key will be in the writing, though, so we'll see how that goes.

I usually stay away from detailed pre-release information but yesterday I watched some as Loading Ready Run on Twitch streamed the beta of this game and it looked good to me. The key will be in the writing, though, so we'll see how that goes.

Everything I have read seems like its the opposite. The writing is being written up in articles as the best thing since sliced bread! I am hoping the game play is done well. Very much looking forward to this one either way.

Everything I have read seems like its the opposite. The writing is being written up in articles as the best thing since sliced bread! I am hoping the game play is done well. Very much looking forward to this one either way.

That is good. I like sliced bread!

I have stayed away from pretty much all information so I have not read any pre-reviews. I am glad to read that comments are positive.

Why is everything getting released in February? Well, at least next spring will be a true gaming season.

I'm not holding my breath for this game, though, the times when I'd get hyped over promises of a great game are long gone. Too much experience of disappointment. If it's good it'll be a nice treat, and if it's mediocre it'll be as expected.

Why is everything getting released in February? Well, at least next spring will be a true gaming season.

They all missed the November/early December target by a month and late December/early January is a very slow work period to get thing ready for January.

Back
Top Bottom