Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr - Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Neocore Games have announced that they are in development of Warhammer 40.000: Inquisitor - Martyr, labeled as an action RPG.

Here is the pres blurb:

Building on the experience gained from The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Action - RPG trilogy, NecoreGames aims to expand the boundaries of the genre itself by taking the in - game mechanics and visual solutions to a brand new level and also by opening up a persistent sandbox universe.

Warhammer 40.000 : Inquisitor – Martyr will portray the secret war of the Inquisition against the taint of Chaos . The presentation will feature one of the available classes fighting his way through a haunted, Gothic cathedral of a space - faring, colossal monastery - ship, infested by mutants and heretics of Nurgle , one of the terrible Gods of Chaos. This Inquisitor belongs to the Crusader class, the perfect candidate to illustrate how our game adds some extra flavor the to the familiar ARPG elements with the new additions: the cover - based combat, enemies with attackable body parts and the so - called battle drugs that will replace the usual potions.

The single player campaign pitches players into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever - vigilant Inquisition . After the end of the campaign the story ties into a colossal sandbox game : set in a persistent setting, a secluded sector in this vast universe, it grants years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the gameplay.
IGN has a quote from Neocore's producer Zoltán Pozsonyi:

“There’s a reason why we chose the world of Warhammer 40,000: it’s intense, brutal, visceral – a perfect material for an action RPG. Working with Games Workshop, we’re doing our best to bring a high quality game to the community. We’re huge fans as well, so we care deeply about this game.”
It will be released on PC, MAc, Xbox One and PS4 in 2016.

More information.

Always hoped for a War40K RPG. The universe allows you to do so, so i never understood why we did not have an RPG made by now. Well, an aRPG is not exactly my first choice, but that fits the universe, too. And they could have used a tons of classes (librarian, grey knight, witch hunter, some stuff from the Sisters - the Inquisition has plenty to offer in the choice of classes).

Now that someone is braking the ice, i will wait for more RPG's set in either Warhammer Fantasy or Warhammer 40k.

I'm visiting them at Gamescom, so if anyone has questions, share them here.

I liked Van Helsing well enough, but I found their sequel approach pretty distasteful. Also, it wasn't anywhere near the best action RPGs, so this will have to do something truly special to get my attention.

That said, I like the setting.

Well, Van Helsing had a bit of choice and consequence system in there. Do they plan to expand it?

Will this be a pure aRPG or it will have some of the more complex elements of the cRPG's (factions, choice and consequence, a world that would respond to your decisions)

What about the character development?! Will there be any classes? If yes, can they give some examples? (except the one already mentioned)We will have stats/attributes, backgrounds that will influence the character development, perks, traits?

This being the Inquisition, what other branches/orders we might meet in the game? We will meet other factions from the Warhammer 40k universe and deal with them?

Just a few stupid questions...

They should make more games in this universe. 40K Space Marine was a complete riot.

ARPG in the 40k universe? I am mildly interested...

I am very interested in an RPG set in the 40k universe. I started preferring the classic to the 40k but have now somehow ended up really liking the latter. However, Neocore isn't the team I would've chosen for this. I found Van Helsing very bland and the power up skill mechanic messy.

If iI understand correctly, it will only have one class? Pity as the IP really has a lot of classes to choose from that I would love to see

“There’s a reason why we chose the world of Warhammer 40,000: it’s intense, brutal, visceral – a perfect material for an action RPG.

Yawn ... Which setting isn't "intense, brutal, visceral" ?

Hello Kitty.

Rainbow Dash | My Little Pony

Now that's an awful lot of games people do RPGs for …

I mean … EVERY RPG I see is made for an "intense, brutal, visceral" setting … There is (almost) no exception … And that makes it so boring.

There's nothing new coming. Only the same, old kind of setting …

Back
Top Bottom