Witcher 3 - Pulp Fiction Covers

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The Witcher 3 sees you running around playing detective for just about everyone. Freelance illustrator Astor Alexander takes it a bit more literally with his pulp dime novel renditions of Geralt and Co.

For a game that features giant monsters and lawless bandits, you sure do spend a lot of time in The Witcher 3 playing medieval detective. Which is an idea freelance illustrator Ástor Alexander takes and runs with in these incredible images.

It’s not the first time he’s done something like this—you might remember his Nintendo book covers from a while ago—but man, these Witcher ones are something else. From the outfits to the Igni...perfect.

I’ve led with the Witcher images, but there are examples of Alexander’s Dragonball and Nintendo covers below them. You can see more of Ástor’s art at his personal site and Artstation page.
More information.

Now I kinda wish someone high up at CDP saw those and greenlit a Noire detective RPG AAA game that would star universe travelling Ciri and her parents :))

Already fell in love with these a few days ago and ran straight to ask permission to use as avatar :blush:

Quite clever! I'm not even a big fan of the Witcher series, but these were very well done.

I'd absolutely play this game.

It doesn't have to be The Witcher characters (although that'd be fine too), just a 20's/30's noir detective game where magic and the supernatural are real but most people aren't aware of it. Like Lord of Illusions (movie) or Kraken (book), among others.

Oh those are awesome, love them! Especially the one where he lights the cig with the sign.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more contemporary fantasy cRPGs. There's certainly plenty of good quality fiction works on which to base it.

Back
Top Bottom