Games that shouldn't have stopped getting sequels

Everyone put in great stuff, so lets pretend I liked the whole thread.

- Major Blizzard MMO version 2
- Dungeon Siege
- EGA Trek
- Stunts
- Ultima 7........ (as @pibbur who; already heavily emphasized)
- Out of this World / Another World
- Dune 2

I don't believe I've ever seen a discussion where I can agree with pretty much every comment in the thread…there's a first for everything. Too bad this thread also makes me severely depressed. All those fantastic games that never got the sequels they deserved. Damn shame.

Last edited:
I don't believe I've ever seen a discussion where I can agree with pretty much every comment in the thread…there's a first for everything. To bad this thread also makes me severely depressed. Ask those fantastic games that never got the sequels they deserved. Damn shame.

Look on the bright side, it could well be lucky some of these games never got ruined by a sequel. Just imagine a "worst sequels" thread and its list of games :lol:

BTW, Yet another interesting thread, Dart.

pibbur who actually is glad that we won't see those sequels, as they would result in games staying on his backlog longer than they otherwise would.

PS. Personally, I'm not worried about bad sequels, they won't ruin the originals for me. For instance, I consider Ultima (Ascension) a bad Ultima, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of Ultima 7. DS.

@pibbur Well, I guess you are correct there.
However a bad sequel might affect how you enjoy the sequel of the sequel...as it might be the reason it doesn't exist in the first place. ^^

PS. Personally, I'm not worried about bad sequels, they won't ruin the originals for me. For instance, I consider Ultima (Ascension) a bad Ultima, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of Ultima 7. DS.

I'm one of those weird people who loved Ascension, warts and all :)

I was also fortunate enough to have the right video card for it. IIRC, it was crap on anything but whatever it was that I had back then.

To me, it was sort of a Gothic-light before Gothic - with more visual diversity and better dungeons.

That said, I never really played the first Ultimas - so I don't know how well it does in that way.

I also loved Ultima 8! ;)

Back
Top Bottom