Unofficial Patch 1.5 released!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
Find it here: http://www.patches-scrolls.de/white_gold_war_in_paradise.php#tp15
Changelog:

v1.5 28.08.2011
——
Added zoom and range indicators to binoculars, thanks to The Silver.
Made arms dealers that offer the crossbow offer crossbow bolts too.
Translated some last Russian lines manually with help of babel fish.
Hopefully fixed possible cutscene crashes by including sndlist.dat.

I get the following error:

"Sound file 'SOUNDS\WEAPONS\PLAYER\M16_RELOAD.WAV' is not listed in cache\sndlist.dat"

I'm only meant to replace the main.fat and gf_sounds.grp before running the patch, right? Or am I missing something (e.g. do I have to run all intervening patches before 1.5).

Looking around, I see it mentioned in some dodgy v1.01 torrent. So, just installing the GG version plus one or more of your patches doesn't work?

Edit:
According to patch notes, your 1.3 includes 1.01, but the linked 1.3 from Patches Scrolls certainly doesn't (if I am to assume that 1.01 has the file mentioned in the error message).

Contents:
Code:
\resource.qrc
\Sounds
\Video
\wgup-readme.txt
\Sounds\CUTSCENES
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\AMBUSH.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\PRISON.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\PROLOG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\START
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\WITE_ROOM.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL\SCENE1.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL\SCENE2.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL\SCENE3.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL\SCENE4.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\FINAL\SCENE5.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\PROLOG\SCENE1.OGG
\Sounds\CUTSCENES\START\SCENE1.OGG
\Video\intro_sound.ogg
\Video\loading.ogg
\Video\menu.ogg

Last edited:
So, just installing the GG version plus one or more of your patches doesn't work?

It seems to work for most people here, because I doubt the Russian release is been used by a lot.

According to patch notes, your 1.3 includes 1.01, but the linked 1.3 from Patches Scrolls certainly doesn't (if I am to assume that 1.01 has the file mentioned in the error message).

The Unofficial Patch includes the resource file changes of the 1.01 patch, but not the others. I will try to change that with the next patch version, but we still need to figure out the sndlist.dat bug.

I tried it all over the place (inc. installation root) with no differences.

Okay, what I meant is "delete" it by move it somewhere else out side the game folder. Can you please check the times and dates of the sounds/cutscenes/ambush file!

SOLVED:
Completely removing sndlist.dat works.

There are no problems with copying over of files, etc. (I did backups and diffs between each patch set to make certain)

I copied over the Russian lang files, then 1.3, then 1.4 (which produced an error), then 1.5 (which produced a different error, as detailed above), and then removed the sndlist.dat and it appears to go.

Going straight from copying Russian lang files, to installing 1.5, and then removing the sndlist.dat should also work, of course. ( just checked just in case, and it does)

Edit:
Note 1: by "work" I mean the game will start and you can play it. I haven't played for very long so I have no idea what the future may bring ;)
Note 2: I didn't choose the flicker fix (doesn't apply to my card) and "UI enhancements" so have no idea if they work.

Last edited:
I played around a bit with this new patch, but the arms dealer on the second island still doesn't sell crossbow bolts. :(
Also the plane mechanics are still unable to replenish your apache's ammo, which I thought you had figured out, but since it's not in the changelog I guess you ran into some issues with that. I still hope you can add it in a future patch. Thanks for the hard work anyway!! :)

I played around a bit with this new patch, but the arms dealer on the second island still doesn't sell crossbow bolts. :(

Can you again post his name here? I thought I added bolts to everyone selling a crossbow. If the vendor doesn't sell a crossbow he will not sell the bolts.

Also the plane mechanics are still unable to replenish your apache's ammo, which I thought you had figured out, but since it's not in the changelog I guess you ran into some issues with that.

Again, can you give me the name of the mechanic? Also I can't find the ammo which the choppers are using. Any hints on that? How may it be called?

Last edited:
Can you again post his name here? I thought I added bolts to everyone selling a crossbow. If the vendor doesn't sell a crossbow he will not sell the bolts.

Yeah, his name is "Arms dealer Sergio". I bought the crossbow from him and he still doesn't sell the ammo. :( His name was simply "Arms dealer" before the 1.5 patch though. Did you change this yourself?

Again, can you give me the name of the mechanic? Also I can't find the ammo which the choppers are using. Any hints on that? How may it be called?

The names of the mechanics are "Plane mechanic". Sadly I don't have a clue about how the ammo could be called.

Yeah, his name is "Arms dealer Sergio". I bought the crossbow from him and he still doesn't sell the ammo. :( His name was simply "Arms dealer" before the 1.5 patch though. Did you change this yourself?

I changed that to easier identify the different arms dealers. Also according to his changed trade file he should offer crossbow bolts now. If he does not, it's probably not as easy as just adding an item to his list.

I dont know anything about Arms dealer Sergio, but Arms Dealer in second island in the town does sell the bolts, also the arms dealer Hasim in the Don Gulermo place.

I dont know anything about Arms dealer Sergio, but Arms Dealer in second island in the town does sell the bolts, also the arms dealer Hasim in the Don Gulermo place.

Thanks for that info. Including Sergio this means only one other is open that is selling the bolts, because on the whole I added them to four arms dealers.

Try to reset his inventory, that means go to 1st island for sure and then go back, now u have to see bolts in his inventory.

Back
Top Bottom