Playing POE II - Turn-based or RTWP…. what do you think ? - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pillars of Eternity » Playing POE II - Turn-based or RTWP…. what do you think ?

Default Playing POE II - Turn-based or RTWP…. what do you think ?

August 16th, 2019, 21:10
I finally started my TB playthrough of Deadfire…after months of playing MMOs.

I'm doing it with a tactician/wizard and I like it a lot more than with RtWP so far (20 hours in). Especially spellcasters, so much easier to manage AOEs.

I'm also using things I didn't use in RtWP, like wall of fire. TB really seems to open up the tactical aspect of the combat for me. And considering how much I paused in RtWP, I don't think it's necessarily slower.

Tip about ship battles, engaging in the ship-to-ship minigame and using grapeshot ammo will decrease enemies once you board, but I don't find the trade-off in time worth it personally.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pillars of Eternity » Playing POE II - Turn-based or RTWP…. what do you think ?