Vigilantes - Version 29 Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Vesion 29 of Vigilantes is now available and as usual there is also a video.

Vigilantes V29 is now available and represents the largest content and balance update so far. With the exception of the game ending, and a few small adjustments to be made in the next update, Vigilantes is effectively complete. Release is still on schedule for the first half of October 2018.

Version 29 adds a huge amount of new content, with over 20 new items, 10 new encounters, news paper and diary entries, Steam achievements, and more!

• 11 rare or unique weapons, including a machine gun!
  • 9 new utility items, including laser sights, night vision goggles, and a strange figurine!
  • 3 boss encounters
  • 6 lieutenant encounters.
  • You can challenge some lieutenants to a duel!
  • Newspaper articles and diary entries
  • New crafting options
  • 2 new perks
  • Steam achievements
  • Improved city map
Balance in V29 has been considerably improved. Weapons are now more distinct from one another, and mission loot is considerably better in quality.
  • Improved balance between ranged and melee weapons
  • Each weapon class is now more distinct
  • Better loot from missions, and faster shop level up speed
  • Facilities are now less expensive, and provide greater bonuses
  • Balanced perks and crafting requirements
A considerable number of quality of life improvements have been made, including the addition of a help section, better perk information, usability enhancements, and improved information on gang activity.
  • Added a help section
  • Improved perk information, and allowed them to be filtered by type
  • Added information on ally relationship modifiers
  • Provided better information on gang upgrades and rackets
  • All weapons in inventory can be unloaded with a single click
  • Improved firearm SFX
Please note, this summary only lists the key changes, for a more complete list, please check out the update thread here!
More information.

Well, feeling bad for him for not being an immediate success, only 34 reviews. Maybe he can slowly develop from the sales?

Whether or not the finished product is well-received, I salute the guy for the way he's run his project - constant progress and regular updates.

When other KS devs claim that the reason they haven't posted anything for the last year is because doing so would have taken away from precious development time, I like to point them to this project, and slap them with a wet fish.

Yeah, I've always felt a bit guilty about not backing this one. The dev does seem hard working and passionate about his turn-based game. Plus, I don't see many games coming out of Ireland, or at least he sounds Irish. :)

Also, the strategic map reminds me of this old gangster game I used to love. Man, look at that price on GOG. That's a steal, folks, if you don't mind older games.

Yeah, I've always felt a bit guilty about not backing this one. The dev does seem hard working and passionate about his turn-based game. Plus, I don't see many games coming out of Ireland, or at least he sounds Irish. :)
Me two as I missed the campaign but I'll buy it on release.
Also, the strategic map reminds me of this old gangster game I used to love. Man, look at that price on GOG. That's a steal, folks, if you don't mind older games.
Wasn't someone remaking this game? I remember reading that on the GOG forums.

Link - https://www.gog.com/forum/gangsters_organized_crime/i_am_working_on_a_remake_of_this_game
Link - https://www.facebook.com/GangsOfNewEden/

Never heard that, but I'd totally buy it for nostalgia alone.

Edit: Looks like he's done some real work on his remake. I hope he finishes it.

Back
Top Bottom