Exp:Conq Expeditions: Conquistador - Review @ Invision Community

Expeditions: Conquistador

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With a rating of 4 out of 5 Invision Community reviewed Expeditions: Conquistador.
Combat is always tricky. If you actually loose a fight, the enemy takes advantage and raids your supplies and injures (or kills) members of your camp. Experience is rewarded by progressing through quests and not from winning battles, so the risks associated with fighting are not always worth the rewards. As combat has large implications on exploration, it should never be undertaken easily. The fighting Is well designed, but simple and has been crafted in such a way that its extremely difficult, risky an always meaningful. Each member of your team is a cog in a larger machine and is vital, so putting one at rick is never something to be taken lightly. As each member has different skills necessary for exploration and balancing resources, even characters that do not fight can contribute to camp.
Also each of the characters in your party have different personalities so they stick out instead of being back characters to the main protagonist. When starting the game, the player is not just choosing from the best stats of each player but also choosing a backstory as each member comes with a well written narrative and explains why they want to explore the new world. Each character has a nice big oil painting of them, which is a cool feature. Moreover, they also have three personality traits each such as peaceful, greedy, adventurous and so on which makes the game feel quite Neverwinter Nights esq. These effect the way they will react to your decisions and they may go up or down depending on the choices which you make throughout the game.
More information.

I second that, but there are some things that really burned me

dont take notice on the order here hehe

- Too many women in the game. A game where personality counts, the game makes you take 90% women as soldiers.. a bit .. odd

- That transparency .. what? Exactly

- I feel towns could've looked alot better, if they took the Homm style (as they are having resource problems)

- Unit skills and level up (equipment and promotions) that section is just 'meh' No fun leveling them up. No anticipation

Friggin loved the game. Worth every penny, and you'll play it.. oh yes you will.

The game really is fairly fun. I need to get back to playing the beta but more anticipated games came along and I was going to wait for final release rather than the beta to really dive in.

The number of women is anachronistic but I'm really ok with it. There are plenty of men in similar roles if you want them instead and it doesn't impact gameplay at all. The equipment and promotions were not that bad but not really overpowered as you say which again I'm fine with.

Really the music is the only think that bugs me and its not because it is bad cause its awesome but because there are pauses and pops as though it cannot keep up on my system which is completely over the specifications.

I barely have played the beta, because I also am waiting for the full release. When I did create a part, though, it was made entirely of females. :p

- Too many women in the game. A game where personality counts, the game makes you take 90% women as soldiers.. a bit .. odd

Well there is enough men in the game that you can just take men if you prefer, unless you are going for a lot of a single class type.

Daniel.

So is this still in Beta? You probably say "duh benetar"
but with a review etc. I thought it would be out.
Really want to support the dev if it is a stable game.

So is this still in Beta? You probably say "duh benetar"
but with a review etc. I thought it would be out.
Really want to support the dev if it is a stable game.

It's almost out, it just suffered a few delays. Since it got delayed they sent us Beta tester from the Kickstarter another build, and we found a fair few bugs, (which have now been fixed) so I'm glad they did.

Not much longer now. :)

Daniel.

uhm... The website of the company and the one of the game are still under construction?

That's not serious.

Back
Top Bottom