Kingmaker - Released

Honestly, the kingdom management thing is a big turn-off for me and it's kind of a bummer to see how many RPGs are including base management type stuff. The castle in PoE, the kingdom in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, settlement management in Fallout 4, base management in Dead State. I just want to play a group of adventurers on an adventure in RPGs, not put down roots and prepare for retirement. If I wanted to run a kingdom or empire then I would play a game dedicated to that genre.

There is an option to let kingdom run on it's own.... I think azarhal posted it somewhere... Can you please confirm, @azarhal; ?

By the way, I really like the tactical-time key, especially when remapped to my mouse. This feature is a great idea.

An option to bump up the size of the text would be nice. I saw a dev say they wanted to add it in a patch for dialogues. I hope they haven't forgotten.

Looks promising. But the time limits for quests are a bit off-putting. Any opinions on those?

90 day is plenty time to finish first chapter without a problem. Im sitting at 60+ days, heading for the final boss fight.

Just like Expeditions: Vikings, there is no issue unless you are absolutely clueless.

Wow, that's quite a serious thing for no developer to have not noticed by now. I guess it is best not to always assume things, I never even looked at this setting until I read those posts.

That makes a huge difference. I'm getting a lot more exp now. Wish I would have known this before my characters were 4th lvl :)

On the Codex they reckon it's a display bug - that when you turn off the XP sharing with absent members it announces on screen that you get lots more XP, but if you monitor your character stats, you're not really.

The crappy state in which most games are released nowadays make phrases like alpha build, early access or beta test meaningless. Devs should at least refer to the first month after release as gamma test or early release. Definitely something less offensive than full release.

Yeah I've had a hard rule the last five years or so about not playing a game during the first week or month of release, and I'm sure I'll be returning to that philosophy real soon. The current state most games are released in leave much to be desired, and it's good to keep that in mind at all times.

It was maybe released too early but I'm having a fun time playing. I have not encountered any major bugs yet. So far it's in the running for my game of the year. I haven't played too many new games this year though. Been replaying many of my favorites.

I don't like how much it costs to make companions though. I'm lvl 4 and wanted to make a Ranger and it cost 8000 gold. o_O

Heads up. The patch today broke hiring mercenaries. I'm not sure what else got broken, but hirelings are a thing of the past for now. That means I'll mothball this most likely. Let it sit for a couple weeks and try again.

Should be fixed in the current patch.

I would just like to thank those of you who are continuing to beta test this game for the rest of us. ;)

You are welcome ;) I'm having so much fun and getting a thanks from people, so pretty good deal! :D

It was maybe released too early but I'm having a fun time playing. I have not encountered any major bugs yet. So far it's in the running for my game of the year. I haven't played too many new games this year though. Been replaying many of my favorites.

I don't like how much it costs to make companions though. I'm lvl 4 and wanted to make a Ranger and it cost 8000 gold. o_O

Also my game of the year :)

Once you are done with chapter 1, you will meet an elf who buys old relics for heaps of money - that will help you get custom companions. Make sure you hold on to items which appears to be junk but has blue(?) circles around (like enhanced items).

Once you are done with chapter 1, you will meet an elf who buys old relics for heaps of money - that will help you get custom companions. Make sure you hold on to items which appears to be junk but has blue(?) circles around (like enhanced items).

They are in their own panel in the inventory, I think it's the "cube""urn" icon. I learned about this after I sold all the old coins I found….*cry*

Although, I'm thinking of restarting once I finish chapter 1. Inquisitor is fun, but I want to try something else.

Yeah, I did that too in my first run, sucks :( all those sweet gold I missed out on!!

I'm having blast with my fighter/mage, soon to be an Eldritch Knight :D pushing on with chapter 2, since I played chapter 1 at least 5 times by now....

Anything that says an antiquities collector or craftsman would be interested in, hang on to. I learned that the hard way, too. :p

Back
Top Bottom