Couchpotato's Various Links

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Woohoo, Mr. Potato is back and in full force! :p

I didn't notice him gone anyway... Steam still reminds me I have an invitation to some group. A group where it seems noone is also a member of 30 FPS police!

Good to see you back potato. :)

Some intresting links there as well… Real bummer to hear about kotor remake. Its so weird how these publishers just don't know how to use the sw ip properly. Kotor is likely the most beloved sw game out there and yet they somehow they just don't want to give gamers what they desire.

Also not a big surprise that Sapkowski is once again trashtalking about witcher games :D

Well Mr. Potato I hope you had a good summer and nice to see you posting here.

Celtic

Hi Couch! Good to see you back!
Yep it's good to be back but things seem quieter here.
Well Mr. Potato I hope you had a good summer and nice to see you posting here.

Celtic
Well my summer was boring and mostly dealt with work, but I had a very short vacation to the Caribbean. So I was able to relax a little bit at least.
Good to see you back potato.

Some intresting links there as well… Real bummer to hear about kotor remake. Its so weird how these publishers just don't know how to use the sw ip properly. Kotor is likely the most beloved sw game out there and yet they somehow they just don't want to give gamers what they desire.

Also not a big surprise that Sapkowski is once again trashtalking about witcher games.
It always baffle me how BioWare & mostly EA never remade. or made more sequels to BioWare's best RPG games. Seems EA rather make mediocre games.

Now as for Sapkowski he should realize that thanks to CD Projekt his books have been introduced to more readers who have only played the games.

I also never heard of him because his books were not translated into English after the first Witcher game was released. So I also bought his books later on.

That top 50 list... are you trying to assassinate poor Joxer? Only 3 RPGs better than Skyrim and they were not Witcher 1, 2, or 3.

That does remind me, though... why hasn't Square ported Xenogears over to PC yet??

Hi Spud, cheers for the links.

A friend had previously told me positive things about the Retro Hour podcast, so the fact there was an interview in your list with LB gave me the incentive needed to finally check it out.

Whilst the questions were a little unfocused towards the end and I'd heard some before, there was still some great little nuggets of story-telling throughout and it was entertaining, so thanks for that.

Lots of interesting stuff. Thanks.

I think a list of links like that works.

pibbur who appreciates the return of the potato.

Hi Couch!

I see you're back in full force :)

(..) I had a very short vacation to the Caribbean. So I was able to relax a little bit at least.

I envy you :)

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me the answer for the OP's question #13?

Good news: that game will be available on consoles 3 days before coming on PC. Means no reason to preorder too early because console audience will betatest it.

Bad news: CE seems to be playstation exclusive.
One thing I also hate about games is console exclusive contracts as they can also affect the PC release by delaying the game for months, or years.

Now as usual some more links.

1. How Do Developers Create Massive Open Worlds For Exploration?
  2. Dishonored 2: Forget Corvo—Emily is the real star
  3. Final Fantasy XV Was the Most Anticipated Game at Tokyo Game Show
  4. Dishonored 2: Harvey Smith Interview
  5. A Closer Look at The Witcher 3's Most Outrageous Quest
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Goes Gold
  7. Underrail Expansion Announced
  8. Some Little Things I’ve Loved In RPGs, Vol 1
  9. Pillars of Eternity Post-Funding Beta & Novel Update
  10. Stellaris: Leviathans Teaser Trailer
  11. Tyranny Dev Diary #11 – Kills-in-Shadow Update
Edit: Added some new links.:)

Last edited: