Pricewatch!

Another 3 games for 49€ thing at Saturn and on Amazon.de. Pretty interesting if you still don't have Risen 2 and Dishonored.

You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.

@Joxer > You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.

JDR still you haven't say should I buy "more grinding" two DLC or not? Are they fun at all?

I've never played far enough into KoA to touch either DLC. I doubt they're much different than the main game as far as quantity of enemies though.

Is this all Steam on GMG? And do you get single keys or one combined key?

You get individual Steam keys for each game.

@Joxer > You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.

True, but I'm a kind of person that will trust more to a sentence from RPGwatch community than a full gameplay/walkthrough videos.

A new offer on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_masters_of_the_broken_world

If you preorder, you get Eador:Genesis for free.
The price? 20€.
If you already own Genesis on GOG, you'll pay 18€.

This looks interesting, anyone played the first game (Genesis), is it really a mix of HoMM and Civilization?

Last edited:
Gamefly UK seems to have the last day of their Easter Sale, so they've re-activated all deals. A lot of attractive games for 75% less.

Dishonored for 12 GBP, Walking Dead for 7, the latest Anno for 7, and much more.

True, but I'm a kind of person that will trust more to a sentence from RPGwatch community than a full gameplay/walkthrough videos.
If that's your way I'm okay with that but what happens if a highly praised game on the Watch ends disappointing you ? Me I'm more relying on my own personal appreciation than anything else, so a good gameplay video deserve generally a higher grade than a good comment anywhere. So many times I can count when I've been disappointed by games that where recommended by people I thought having similar taste as I do… :)

And which one(s) would that be?

Look, I'm not saying my taste meets the taste of everyone here. But while posting on RPGwatch ppl tend to be honest so I can determine should I give something a try or not. There is no going soft on some game just because it's some wellknown publisher here - if it sucks, it sucks. Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.

I really don't remember buying any game based on experiences from others on RPGwatch that in the end turned out into a disappointment. In cases I've bought something that contains stuff I really dislike, for example Skyrim and it's bugs, it's usually a game I've bought without reading posts from others here. But also, ppl said Two Worlds 2 is mobrespawn game here, so I haven't bought that one as I despise grinding (in SP games) no matter how good other stuff in the game is.

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles has been added to the IndieGala Dwarves bundle. If hardcore slow strategy gaming is your thing, the hivemind says that EU3 is a genre defining title. And Warlock as a bonus is certainly not bad at all.

A new offer on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_masters_of_the_broken_world

If you preorder, you get Eador:Genesis for free.
The price? 20€.
If you already own Genesis on GOG, you'll pay 18€.

This looks interesting, anyone played the first game (Genesis), is it really a mix of HoMM and Civilization?

I got it thanks. I downloaded the Genesis one and played it for a while. In my Windows 7 64 bit computer it had issues at first. I went to the game's forum in GoG and quickly found a workaround that worked for me. I played the game for a while and liked it a lot, I'd say it's like Warlock in that you gain money/gems from controlling provinces, hire units, learn spells, etc. and battles are tactical too, with terrain giving benefits/penalties to units. It's also not a cakewalk, which I like.

Look, I'm not saying my taste meets the taste of everyone here. But while posting on RPGwatch ppl tend to be honest so I can determine should I give something a try or not. There is no going soft on some game just because it's some wellknown publisher here - if it sucks, it sucks. Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.

I really don't remember buying any game based on experiences from others on RPGwatch that in the end turned out into a disappointment. In cases I've bought something that contains stuff I really dislike, for example Skyrim and it's bugs, it's usually a game I've bought without reading posts from others here. But also, ppl said Two Worlds 2 is mobrespawn game here, so I haven't bought that one as I despise grinding (in SP games) no matter how good other stuff in the game is.

What he said.

After being here a while you can tell based on the post whether or not you are going to like the game. One game that got relatively good word of mouth was Venetica. By who people were describing the game I could tell I would like it and I loved it. OTOH, another game many people liked but I can tell I would hate or at least play and not finish by the way the posters described it was Inquisition. Waiting for that to be 5.99 or less and then I will partake.

Fair to say that is a big reason many of us hang out here ... many of us get into heated debates about all kinds of crap, but ultimately we all share a love for role playing computer games. Not always the same ones, and not to the same extent ... but most can articulate what they liked or didn't like to the extent that it is useful for others.

That was just an hypothesis. I thought you would understand.

Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.
You're preaching to a converted ! I usually spend more time on indie rogue-likes (even the regular ASCII ones) than I do on Skyrim and such top notch graphiccy servants. No disrespect to the E.S. series here, as I'm a big fan of it though but I must admit I spent more hours on TOME lately than I did with the Greybeards.

Daily Deal on Steam has Mount&Blade pack for 9€:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14259/

I've never bought it... I remember ppl saying it's great, but... For whatever reason I never wanted to buy it. That's a game with generated quests and without a scripted mainquest/story/end, right?

Back
Top Bottom