Witcher 3 - Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer

Holy! I've been playing too much Might and Magic...this blew me away! Anyone have actual gameplay footage link or is that gameplay footage!?

Maybe read the thread for answers to both questions. ;)

Meh. I was hoping for a gameplay trailer.

Wow, kick-ass trailer. I love the ending when he says "killing monsters", and he is talking about those men.

This trailer it's full of references to Sapkwoski's stories... It's very, very nice.

Heh, half the comments in this thread read like they think these are the graphics for the game. It's a cinematic trailer as a few have pointed out only to have people comment after them at how amazing the graphics are.

I am excited for this though, interested if they can pull off leaving their style of game.

Heh, half the comments in this thread read like they think these are the graphics for the game. It's a cinematic trailer as a few have pointed out only to have people comment after them at how amazing the graphics are.

Really? I see exactly 1 person who wasn't sure what kind of footage it was.

As far as the "amazing graphics" comments are concerned, they're obviously referring to the visual fidelity of the trailer which is pretty amazing.

Don't see the moral ambiguity in this to be honest. Anyone willing to enlighten me?

Don't see the moral ambiguity in this to be honest. Anyone willing to enlighten me?
It's Geralt wondering if what he is doing is the right thing. Basically who is a monster. It shows two examples one were he walks away, and the other he kills the hunters.

Oh those are 2 seperate cases. Still not too impressed, seems like your standard never-picked-by-anyone pass on content for gold vs be the hero dilemma.

My impression was that it wasn't 2 separate cases, but that he started to walk away but changed his mind.

As for moral ambiguity, it's always a little ambiguous to slaughter a bunch of local guardsmen who just gave you your payment for completing a quest.

You haven't spotted it Kostas? It's all there:

1- woman is sentenced for killing wounded, looting and cannibalism;
2- "don't meddle" is an important part of a witcher's code.

Not bad for a 2 minutes and 45 seconds clip I would say…

Control of the player over the sequence?

Moral ambiguity? What about killing everyone? Problem solved in the gray scaled TW world.

You haven't spotted it Kostas? It's all there:

1- woman is sentenced for killing wounded, looting and cannibalism;
2- "don't meddle" is an important part of a witcher's code.

Not bad for a 2 minutes and 45 seconds clip I would say…

Should have ended in her eating one of the corpses. But good trailer none the less.

Should have ended in her eating one of the corpses. But good trailer none the less.

You have to assume that she was guilty. Otherwise there would be no ambiguity. Have you also noticed that the last man alive wasn't hanged? Geralt left him standing on some sort of support for a woman to decide his fate.

Rather: neither we nor Geralt know if she's guilty. But we do know what the men are guilty of. And what guilt Geralt puts on himself through his intervention.

Back
Top Bottom