Wasteland 2 - Saturation Preference Poll

The obvious answer is C. The other two are to colorful to fit the game setting. This isn't borderlands with cell shading.

B&W might actually fit the setting pretty well, though it would probably be better for Fallout than Wasteland.

I think it would be a bold move to go B&W, and selective color would really make things interesting (like in the movie Pleasantville)… Maybe have flags in color, red blood, fire/explosions in color, green radiation glow, etc.

I think it would be a bold move to go B&W, and selective color would really make things interesting (like in the movie Pleasantville)… Maybe have flags in color, red blood, fire/explosions in color, green radiation glow, etc.

The Saboteur did that.. i think that art style reminds me too much of music videos who are trying to be artsy fartsy.

The Saboteur.
saboyeurscrn41%5B1%5D.jpg

Wasteland what?

Ive changed a bit and really like some brightness to my post apocalyptica, it gives everything that "radiated" glow. So "a" just works for me.

Then again I'm doom-and-gloom tiger and like the drab, gritty "realistic" look too, so "c" would work too.

So I'd probably split the difference and go w/ "B", LOL

The more recent Saboteur was set in Paris in WW2. Most of the city was rendered in black and white until your character did enough things in an area to give heart to the people and then that area would be rendered in color. It was a silly, even ridiculous, game but I always liked it. Wandering around blowing things up and casually walking off while the soldiers fruitlessly searched for you was always fun, especially when you left some remote control explosives behind and then blew them up too.

Back
Top Bottom