Gothic Bugs from Gothic 1 You'd Want To See Fixed!

Kostas

Dormant Watcher
Ironkeep Studios is developing a community patch for Gothic 1 head over to this thread and post things you'd like to see fixed.

Hello All,

Well, the title says it all! This is your chance to complain to your heart's content about the original Gothic :p. As we all know, this game was still rather buggy, even with the latest patch (1.08k) installed, far more so than it's successor (we have corrected many of them with our upcoming patch + hotfix, which should be here very soon :)).

So, we want to hear from you guys. What bugs, if any, have bothered you when playing Gothic 1? This is where you can let us know about it. Stuff to include might be AI/Pathfinding issues, rendering/graphics issues, script or code errors, errors/inconsistencies in the dialogue/texts etc. If you're having a problem, we'd like to hear about it. Even dialogue/text errors are acceptable.

What we don't want to see in this thread are things about content/feature additions such as new quests, dialogue, items, etc., or changes to existing features (ie replacing the Gothic 1 skill set with Gothic 2). An exception would be a feature improvement which improves a flawed feature in Gothic 1 (ie, improving the pickpocketing system, as the skill was truly useless in Gothic 1). This rule would apply to exploits as well. They are what they are, no need to fix them.

Also, these bug reports are for vanilla Gothic 1 with the 1.08k patch installed. Bugs found when playing a mod (Golden Mod, NoName Mod, Dark Mysteries, etc.) go beyond the purposes of this thread, and should be discussed with the creators of the mod.

With that said, go ahead and complain away :D. Now is your opportunity, tell us what issues of Gothic 1 you think ought to be fixed.

Best Wishes,

- Korianous

NOTE:
When Reporting a Crash Error:

Simply stating "the game crashes on startup or at a certain point" won't provide us much insight. If you would like to tell us about the error so we can gain some insight from it, either print a screen of the error report and paste it here, or attach a copy of the error log generated upon crashing the game. Thanks :)

When talking with anyone, they only talk, but there isnt any dialogue written, as it is in Gothic II
Was it ment to be like that or is there any fix?

When talking with anyone, they only talk, but there isnt any dialogue written, as it is in Gothic II
Was it ment to be like that or is there any fix?
I think you can "fix" that in Options,search for subtitles and enable them.

i just started playing gothic again, wanted them all 3 done again ^^
prob is i left old mine at first when i had the list to get accepted...
now i need to go back for the crawlers but i closed the gate for fun after first time
now i cant get it open again... getting in isn t a prob, but getting out IS,

so what to do...
don't got saves from that point :s
not feeling like starting all over again :s

i just started playing gothic again, wanted them all 3 done again ^^
prob is i left old mine at first when i had the list to get accepted...
now i need to go back for the crawlers but i closed the gate for fun after first time
now i cant get it open again... getting in isn t a prob, but getting out IS,

Exactly which "gate" are you referring to?

not feeling like starting all over again :s
No need to.

You can probably open the gate from somewhere.

1. Press "B"
  2. Type "Marvin"
  3. Press "B"
  4. Get in front of the gate
  5. Press "K"

Exactly which "gate" are you referring to?

well, when you go to the old mine, i think it s in the north of the colony

you pass some wooden walls, little further you see some things standing, there is a switch in a tent, if you turn that one gate in front of you closes or opens (normaly)

No need to.

You can probably open the gate from somewhere.

1. Press "B"
  2. Type "Marvin"
  3. Press "B"
  4. Get in front of the gate
  5. Press "K"

i don t get the spoiler thing, it slowed the game ...

It's a cheat to get at the other side of the gate.
I wrote it in case you this bug was game stopping.

bug doesn t work, or i ll have to do something wrong...
what does B stand for with you

and "marvin", anything special with the M and the A ? :)
I got "azerty" keybord :p

????
"B" is the letter in your keyboard,it's probably under G and H and between V and N.
In Gothic it opens the character screen.
keyboard4.png

Marvin is the magic word you have to type to enable the Cheats in Gothic 1 and 2.
You press "B" again to close the character screen.
If I'm not mistaken pressing "K" with enabled cheats will move your character a couple of meters in front so you will find yourself behind the gate.

The MARVIN thing only works if none of the keys toggles a different action. In MARVIN mode you have access to thousands of cheats.

After typing bmarvinb a confirmation will appear at the top left screen saying "marvin mode" or "test mode enabled" - if you don't see this then the console isn't enabled.
For full command line input (as opposed to key only input) after enabling the console, press the F2 key.
It is best not to make any saved games in marvin mode as slight trails from the commands can remain and is the cause of many reported inadvertant game errors, either close down the game and restart, or type B42B whilst the console is enabled - this will be confirmed by another text in the top left screen saying "what was the question?".

when i type 'bmarvinb' it says in top left cornor 'clerks'...
it just slows the game and 'K' doesn t do a thing :s

O.k, just do a test, if you cannot relate the equivalent keys, instead of using the azerty keyboard, try to borrow a querty keyboard from a friend and do the bmarvinb thing and confirm the results.

Another question from another looney :)
I have 1.08j version and the following issue: quest with the Orc cemetry. Playing for the swam Sect. I have found both pieces of parchment, tried to read one of the, (beginning with something like 'Galak') enjoyed a cut-off scene while accompanying guru reads them and explains something about teleportation, where after we have to move to a large hall with columns. Both parchments have meanwhile disappeared from my inventory. Guru tells something else about teleportation, we move to a point near a kind of gate in the wall, where - according to hints received/found at some old forums, teleportation has to occur- and nothing happens. Guru continues to stand thoughtfully, no dialogues available. Thinking that I still miss something, I went to look around, and when I came back guru has disappeared. So, no guru, no parchment, no saves, no fun :)
I had a kind of similar problem earlier in the game with that novice, from which I had to pick up the focus stone: he run away from me at night to the forest, and came back only after 2-3 days of playing time. Probably also in this teleportation case I have to walk around another week waiting for the return of this guru with my parchments (or without them?), but my patience with this game is over, as I had already had to restart it a good dozen of times due to errors, which up to now I could somehow find in different forums. So I just simply report this bug.

As far as I might consider, it's planet Earth
But this time it probably isn't even a bug! :lol:
The guru made a repaired scroll out of your two half-scrolls. Then he waited forever for you to select the scroll in your inventory and use it.

This situation is generally one of the 3 most buggy in the game though. I guess we've had dozens of people in need of help to get through.

I don't think this be helpful,but I restarted after running into this bug.
Really ruined my 1st Gothic 1 playthrough.

There are no bugs in G1, i played for several years without meeting any bugs, only meatbugs. :D
It is possble to create many "bug" effect situations by contentious gameplay (using different methods alien to the storyline intention than was designed for) and obviously wrongly set up pc's - Some of the G1 data code does not self correct when going 'against the grain' of quest intention/solution.
Playing the orc cemetary sequence correctly negates any bug effects - reload and try again.
When Nyras (1st focus quest) meets NH, he assesses (detect calls) his stats, if NH's level is below his own level Nyras attacks, if above Nyras runs away. It's all as intended.

Like Gorath said, this is not a bug. Just go into your inventory, select the spell section, and find a special orc teleport scroll. Use it near the Guru.

Back
Top Bottom