Fort Triumph

Void000

I wanted to give the mods here a heads-up that Fort Triumph, a physics-based HoMM-meets-X-Com game, is releasing on April 16. Check the news section of the Steam page. This is by far my favorite early access project on Steam, and Ken Levine, of Bioshock and System Shock 2 fame, was an early backer. Wanted to report this as news.

For some reason, before reading the post, I thought that some P&R stuff had been posted in thye wrong forum.

a pibbur who after reading the post thinks the game looks interesting,

Last edited:
Ken Levine
You just made me never look the game.
Nothing to worry though, others alergic like me will now stay away, but some who are addicted will swarm in.

For some reason, before reading the post, I thought that some P&R stuff had been posted in thye wrong forum.

a pibbur who after reading the post thinks the game looks interesting,

The physics engine creates some incredibly emergent moments. Games like these push genres forward, rather than falling back on formulas and tropes.

I played through the campaign, it took around 10 hours. After that I felt pretty done with the game. Games like Homm or Kings Bounty will (for me) be fun for a lot longer because of the myriads of different units and abilities and army composition. There's also the possibility to finish easy encounters in seconds or even auto-resolve, in FT I just skipped past those after a while because taking several minutes just to annihilate trash mobs didn't feel rewarding.

Fort Triump only has 4 different units that you can use, and they play the same regardless of which faction you choose. I don't regret backing it and I actually enjoyed the humor and light tone a lot, but they'll have to expand greatly on the formula to make me interested in playing more.

Fort Triump only has 4 different units that you can use, and they play the same regardless of which faction you choose. I don't regret backing it and I actually enjoyed the humor and light tone a lot, but they'll have to expand greatly on the formula to make me interested in playing more.

As I recall, there weren't many class choices in X-Com, either, and it had less in-depth customization options than Fort Triumph.

Back
Top Bottom