Blackguards - Definitive Edition Coming to Consoles

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
According to MMORPG, the definitive edition of Blackguards will be available on PS4 and Xbox One later this summer.

Features of Blackguards – Definitive Edition:

• Strategically demanding – More than 180 unique Battle Maps keep your tactical skills sharp with new challenges. With 40 special skills and over 90 spells, you decide how to dominate the battlefield
  • Turn-based strategy meets RPG – A complex combat system facilitates tactical and immersive battles with interactive objects and traps
  • Questionable companions – Criminals, murderers and addicts will accompany you on your quest. But don’t worry – you’ll fit right in with the seven playable and customizable characters
  • An epic story – Murder and treachery are a fact of life in the world of Blackguards. Your decisions have far-reaching consequences both for your group of ‘heroes’ and the fate of the entire world
  • More than 60 hours play time – Countless main and side quests provide variety and ensure there's never a dull moment
  • Exotic locations – Discover the most remote corners of Aventuria and become enchanted by the idyllic, hand-drawn scenery
  • Exclusive content – The Definitive Edition includes the "Untold Legends" DLC which sheds light on the dark past of a Blackguards character and also comes with new weapons, battle maps, quests and music
Thanks Todd.

More information.

So… no improvements for the PC edition then? Just a full port to consoles? Aye, okay. *shrug*

This is the whole "evil based" game, yes? Is it more "bwahahaha" or involves some delicious cunning and treachery.

I'm having trouble seeing console gamers enjoying this. For many of them, "sixty hours" is a reason NOT to buy. I hope they turn a profit on this port.

This is the whole "evil based" game, yes? Is it more "bwahahaha" or involves some delicious cunning and treachery.

There are some options were you can do mean things, but this is not a full-fledged RPG. It is a tactical combat game with RPG elements.

Why not doing it for last gen Consoles? The typical SRPG players isn't known for adopting new consoles generations quickly.

I'm having trouble seeing console gamers enjoying this. For many of them, "sixty hours" is a reason NOT to buy. I hope they turn a profit on this port.

Have to agree on the first sentence. But my reasoning is that the game will be too hard for those who got used to brain_not_needed+autoaim products.

From what I can remember, I felt this was a rather crappy game.

First of all it was not much of an rpg, even one of the XCOM games, felt like it had more to offer for an rpg fan.(Blackguards felt very bare-bones) Also, a quite misleading title/presentation, where you ended up playing with your standard, average rpg-party, not more "evil" or savage than in most other rpgs. Thirdly, nothing interesting or impressive on the "turn-based combat" front, if you don't count an endless repetition of very similar fights, sometimes even linked after each other, to be impressive.

6/10 and I feel that's even a bit generous.

It's definitely better than that imo. It's one of the few modern tactical-RPGs that actually presents a decent level of challenge. In fact, I even thought some parts were a little too tough, but I understand they've toned it down a little since the last time I played.

I liked the art style, and there was a nice variety of different enemy types. Every map was hand-crafted (nothing randomly generated) so it never felt repetitive or generic.

I paid full price for it and felt I got my money's worth.

Back
Top Bottom