Welcome - introduce yourself!

New here! Really seems to be the place to see upcoming rpgs in the indie scene. I make games myself and I miss Tactics Arena Online and old school rpgs so as long as I don't get banned(please don't!) I'm here to stay!. I'll gladly help anyone out with game development
or programming. I do Unity3d mostly but am proficient in C++ as well(Unreal4). Hope to here a while!

New here! Really seems to be the place to see upcoming rpgs in the indie scene. I make games myself and I miss Tactics Arena Online and old school rpgs so as long as I don't get banned(please don't!) I'm here to stay!. I'll gladly help anyone out with game development
or programming. I do Unity3d mostly but am proficient in C++ as well(Unreal4). Hope to here a while!

Welcome to rpgwatch! You know Corey Cole of HeroU is looking for a Unity3d programmer if you are keen to help someone.

Welcome to the Watch. We rarely ban people unless they deliberately break a heap of rules. Check out our ToS.

Welcome!!

I am looking for a C++ programmer for my game ( Tactical RPG among other things, you can check it out on this sites forum, link is below ), let me know if you are interested.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Hello everybody, I've been around for some time but had missed this thread.

I've been playing cRPGs for a while, starting with BG and Icewind Dale. I've pretty muched played all the major ones released since then and can't say I'm too happy with the way cRPGs going now (yes, even Tyranny). The "pick good/bad in a dialogue and go along the script" isn't working so well for me. So I will mostly rant and complane around here :)

I will also occasionally share some interesting stuff on the game I'm working on with my friends (it's called Ash of Gods and it's a tactical RPG with some card game elements, really good story and beautiful visuals).

Hello everybody, I've been around for some time but had missed this thread.

I've been playing cRPGs for a while, starting with BG and Icewind Dale. I've pretty muched played all the major ones released since then and can't say I'm too happy with the way cRPGs going now (yes, even Tyranny). The "pick good/bad in a dialogue and go along the script" isn't working so well for me. So I will mostly rant and complane around here :)

I will also occasionally share some interesting stuff on the game I'm working on with my friends (it's called Ash of Gods and it's a tactical RPG with some card game elements, really good story and beautiful visuals).

Welcome Sneaky_Seal !

And, please, let us know more about your game :)

You're more likely to get struck by lightning twice in a row - or win the lottery - than get banned here. xD You have nothing to worry about...

Welcome, all. And AllFatherGray, your insights on game development are most welcome! I'm a troubled gamedev student myself (slowly switching to UE4 from CryEngine 5 after hearing about blueprint and tons of other nice features), and there's lots of other gamedevs here too, from serious ones to hobbyists. What you have to say will be valuable to all of us. :)

Mustawd. RPGcodex regular and machine gun poster. Taking a 48 hr break from the codex to visit the old folks home here. Much appreciated. o7

So that's what you do on those ominous Codex breaks, Must. Tsktsk ;)

Hi guys!

Finally decided to register here, after years of reading news here and lurking on the forum. I suppose I won't post too much; these days I much prefer playing games to writing about them.

My love affair with RPGs began in 1989. when I got Atari ST and played Dungeon Master and Ultima V. Since then, I played (almost) all good RPGs released over the years. I played and loved all Infinity engine games, but my favorites are still Gothic and Gothic II: NotR. It's really a shame that Piranha Bytes lost their touch after that. Gothic 3 had great potential but sadly wasn't finished, Risen was still quite good (except the ending), Risen 2 was passable I guess, and finally Risen 3 was such a disappointment.

Damn "consolization" ruined their games, and not just theirs. As soon as some studio decides to develop simultaneously for PC and consoles, their games are doomed to be worse than they could have been as PC only. Especially the user interface, which is of great importance to RPGs. Just compare UIs of original Dragon Age and Witcher with their respective later episodes. Or Drakensang UI with Skyrim UI. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, there are still games made exclusively for PCs, satisfyingly complex and with great mouse+keyboard UI, like Age of Wonders III and Path of Exile. Neither is a classic RPG, but both games are really, really great. AoW3 not surprisingly so, since I played AoW1/2 a lot, but PoE was an eye-opener for me. I read about it when it was originally released (2012. I think) but I completely forgot about it until the last summer. Since then I'm playing it almost exclusively and I still want more. :)

Started late in Prophecy league, and played full Essence and Breach, and now Legacy league. The game is constantly getting better and better, and the next expansion (3.0) is just around the corner. It's kinda strange that I love it so much, since ARPGs are not exactly my favorite genre. Sure, I played Diablo 1/2, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn… but I always prefered classic RPGs and turn-based strategies, usually being much more complex. But PoE is so delightfully complex and so intelligently designed that "action" part really doesn't matter. Even old guys like me with bad reflexes can play it successfully, if you take your time to learn it. A lot of time. ;)

Ok, I think that was quite enough for my second post here. Back to my LL poison BV Assassin that I made when I chanced Skyforth a few days ago. :)

Yay, another fan of Path of Exile on the Watch! I can wait for when they release all the story expansions at once.

I like Path too, Damian. I'm not patient enough to make a great build though. I just throw a mental dart at the skill board and then put points wherever it lands ;)

Welcome aboard, Dexter. Better yet, welcome a broad!

Back
Top Bottom