Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Reviews

I have been looking for it the entire time! Thank you so much! No wonder I have seen no complaints about the camera. I feel kinda dumb now!

I edit my recent complaint! I have none now!

You can rotate with the keyboard too, though it's set by default to Del and End, which is awkward for me. I set it to Q and E (they're already bound to something, but nothing very vital IMO)

And another common complaint is what has already been mentioned, that it feels just like a reskinned Divinity Original Sin 3 game, without much real D&D atmosphere.

People made their mind up about that long ago. It isn't based on playing the actual game, not at all. It's an empty criticism, self-amplifying.

Erm why? This BG3 seem to be a completely different game to previous BGs. I don't see why that disqualifies them from reviewing this.

It happens on the time on famous review zines. Those reviews are most of the times a worthless piece of garbage.

Ars technica review is just a lame attempt to be controversial and do the buzz. The game is glorious, absolutely fantastic even in its early access stage. It reeks of high budget for sure, the visuals are incredible, highly atmospheric, story is great hardly anything negative to say except a few bugs and UI glitches.
Does it relate to bg2 ? so far not really , but its a real D&D game in the forgotten realms faithfull to the lore and reasonably faithfull to the rules .
The character visuals are great, the mechanism not so much as its missing half the classes and so far no feats to pick. You dont even have vriant human as race pick.Missing also cunning action disengage for rogue.
As for the divinity games there's some attention to details, a real pro job. As i said before larian is the new blizzard.
Could end up being the best rpg i ever played no less,i dare to say it , and i am gaming since the 80's.

Ars technica review is just a lame attempt to be controversial and do the buzz.

Totally agree.

Does it relate to bg2 ? so far not really , but its a real D&D game in the forgotten realms faithfull to the lore and reasonably faithfull to the rules .

Who cares, right? The name was just to draw attention to the game. IMO this game could be called Neverwinter Nights 3. At least part of the story takes place in the sword coast.

Could end up being the best rpg i ever played no less,i dare to say it , and i am gaming since the 80's.

I second that.

Totally agree.

Who cares, right? The name was just to draw attention to the game. IMO this game could be called Neverwinter Nights 3. At least part of the story takes place in the sword coast.

I second that.
To be honest, I think it being based in and or near the city as well as having dnd rules is what made it that way.

However, the big departure in combat setting must be truly off-putting for many original bg fans.

I'm not one of them as I tried bg but couldn't get into it.

However, having had a look at this game from quill18 YouTube videos it seems like right in my ballpark.

I'll probably get it and try out a couple of builds in ea then let it come to fruition before playing it from end to end.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nah its not off putting for original BG fans, the facts ? TOP steam sales in one sec, servers crashing, everyone rushing to by that game. Only a vocal minority lamenting its not very linked to BG2 and not real time .
Its a much closer experience to the tabletop and superior in every ways, except one we dont know yet, the story , we only seen the beggining.

I'm tapping out early and will see about returning once it's had a few updates. It's unpleasantly buggy for me. It runs like crap, stuttering all over the place and I've crashed twice in 2 hours of play. I'm not complaining. I know what Early Access means. But this is not a playable state for me.

All aboard the circle jerk club or hate fest club choose your side. I'm selling tickets for $5. I also have other refreshments and snacks. So reserve a seat. Their selling fast.:biggrin:

I'm proud to say I'm a RTwP grognard as my first PC RPG was Baldur's Gate.:p

Joking aside I like what I see just please tell me the humor has been toned down?

Not very silly in the part I played, though that was basically just the intro and getting the band together portion.
Good I'm thinking of buying the GOG version but know it gets updated slower. As I have a feeling the price will increase once it's out of Early Access by $10 or more.

I played it for two hours - I could run it on a 12 year old PC with a GTX 970 - not bad for an Early Access Game. I like Baldur's Gate with turn based combat so far.
Some command buttons of the UI could be a little bigger - support the 50 and elder gamers, please :)

PS:
My old 4-core 3.0 GHz Xenon-CPU has no AVX-support, I can run Baldur's Gate 3 but not Horizon Zero Dawn for example.

They said that they won't increase the price.
They say that now but a lot can change in a year. Also newer console game prices are going up, and that usually means PC publishers raising prices as well. We'll see.

I am runing with constant 60FPS on a GTX 1660-SUPER in a 6 year old PC (i7-3770, 16GB). No game breaking issues so far (8h) but the game some times crash to desktop from time to time.

Switch to DX11 maybe if you havent already.

It happens on the time on famous review zines. Those reviews are most of the times a worthless piece of garbage.

I don't think that's got something to do with whether they played BG1 or not but ok - that's your opinion.

Erm why? This BG3 seem to be a completely different game to previous BGs. I don't see why that disqualifies them from reviewing this.

It's... not. It's a turn-based D&D adventure set in the Forgotten Realms. It reminds me a *lot* of BG1 and BG2 and even Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

As it should, I'd think. How many turn-based D&D games do we have, exactly...?

What have I said this Original Sin engine is total complete SHT for combat. Also in the hands of a lame and dangerously demented developer studio ruled by idiots.
Looks like an energy-draining vampiric operation, like many Hollywood movies nowadays = leave you like a nervous wreck with severe PTSD and psychosis.

It "began" with raw flesh eating cannibalistic elves in OS…

What... what are you on about my man? The Divinity series has been one of the most successful CRPG games out there. For good reason. How is turn-based 5th edition combat on a PC "SHT" ...? Have you ever played a tabletop roleplaying game..?

Being dnd 5e rules based adds some frustrations. I went to 0hp by myself really early and had to wait the death saves to complete. Then hit 0hp again and the saves failed before I could find the assist option for the other character.

But... that is literally right out of 5th edition D&D. That's the system they are using, and they cleaved very heavily to it. I love it. Combat is dangerous, who would have thought?

Back
Top Bottom