Underworld Ascendant - Kickstarter Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter has made $403,911 of the games $600,000 goal, and OtherSide Entertainment released three more updates with more information.

Got a lot of things to share today.

• Game was selected as a Staff Pick on Kickstarter! We are honored by the recognition.
  • Reached #1 on the Kicktraq HOT list today, ahead of Exploding Kittens no less. Click here to check it out!
  • Just 6 days in, and we’ve gone past the $400,000 milestone in funding! Our backers are an amazing bunch. Now less than $200,000 to reach our base funding goal. By the end of this week???
  • The $20 early-bird PIONEER pledge tier has nearly reached its limit of 5,000. Get’em while you can! This tier includes a full digital copy of the game at an extra low price. Once this closes, the $25 PIONEER’s PROGENY tier has the same stuff available at a still below full retail price (which we anticipate will be more than $30, so you are still saving $5 or more with this tier.)
  • Over 7,400 backers! Within spitting distance of reaching 8,000 and unlocking the Little Friends backer exclusive for us all.
We've got momentum!
More information.

I only just got around to funding these guys. Like an idiot, I'd never really paid this title much attention and have only just realised it's the guys from Looking Glass who are doing it. System Shock, Ultima Underworld, and especially the first Thief game provided some of my all time favourite gaming moments. However, I do hope they let you play a Lizardman this time.

I played a female Lizardman who liked girls. She was a Lizbian :D Yes, I know that was sad.

Yay! I'm a backer of this, so I'm glad to see that it is doing so well.

It is sad that this hasn't been funded yet. I would've expected $1M by now.
Maybe they should've added "Lord British Presents:" to the title.

Wait... exploding kittens!?!? Aww, it's just a card game - but it's 60,650% funded.

Already backed naturally, only my fourth kickstarter overall, but went with the boxed collectors edition reward ($150). Hopefully it'll make the 600,000 before too long. If it slows down too much, we'll just have to work harder on spreading the word. :)

Ok, today I learned about the Exploding Kittens campaign. W.T.F.???

Thank You for mentioning Exploding Kittens that was a lot of fun. Dunno about Underworld De-Ascendant, but the kittens are super awesome!!

I only just got around to funding these guys. Like an idiot, I'd never really paid this title much attention and have only just realised it's the guys from Looking Glass who are doing it. System Shock, Ultima Underworld, and especially the first Thief game provided some of my all time favourite gaming moments. However, I do hope they let you play a Lizardman this time.

Yeah, Ultima Underworld had a mind blowingly advanced game engine at the time it was published in 1992. Even when Doom shipped the next year it seemed crude compared to UW. And they even outdid themselves when System Shock shipped in 1993(?). They never got enough credit for what they accomplished back in the day. Hope this reboot is a winner :)

Already backed naturally, only my fourth kickstarter overall, but went with the boxed collectors edition reward ($150). Hopefully it'll make the 600,000 before too long. If it slows down too much, we'll just have to work harder on spreading the word. :)

Honestly, I don't even see how established devs can afford to make it for that. It's not like they are college students who can work for peanuts, they have to pay themselves a decent wage. Maybe they plan on hiring college students to do all the coding? :)

I am just waiting for them to release plans on what caves we can buy and what sort of cave subdivision there will be.

Sorry that was bad of me to post, I just couldn't resist with all the housing talk in another game...

I am just waiting for them to release plans on what caves we can buy and what sort of cave subdivision there will be.

Sorry that was bad of me to post, I just couldn't resist with all the housing talk in another game…

Too bad you can't look more into that other game so that when you posted you actually had a lick of what is actually in game.

Too bad you can't look more into that other game so that when you posted you actually had a lick of what is actually in game.

Rune_74 I don't want to go down this road with you or anyone.

I have zero interest in what Lord British is doing. He sold magic bean to people that didn't need to farm but wanted to climb back to the 80's. Even though it is very clear the game he is making is nothing what he use to make.

It could be the best game ever since computer game first came out I will never play it. The single person part of it could bring you into a world that is so vast and deep you never want to leave. I will never know first hand because I will never give him a dime ever again.

If you and others are happy with what he is doing I am personally fine with that. Selling housing, begging for money etc, I lost all of what little respect I had left for him and these are my personal choice which I am fine with.

So to anyone including you that are happy with what you have backed and are looking forward to playing or are now playing I am happy. I just can't help feeling he used something that meant so much to us to build something that will be nothing to us.

As for my post on this up and coming game I was just being cheeky, though who knows. I still have a bit of time to back this game and most likely will as I really loved what they did years ago. I am just hoping Lord British has nothing to do with any part of this project.

Back
Top Bottom