Pillars of Eternity II - Patch 3.1

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire patch 3.1 introduces new challenges and a mega boss.

Update #57 - Patch 3.1 - New Berath's Blessings, Challenges, and Mega Boss!

Posted: 10/26/2018
Greetings, Watchers,​

We hope you've been enjoying the Crucible of Kazuwari! In this Backer update, we're going to check out what's new in Deadfire's new Patch 3.1 that is available today!​

Update 3.1

The patch is live! Some of the highlights of Update 3.1 include:​

• UI Simplifications
    • Ship UI will now be hidden until you can access your ship
    • More options for auto-hiding elements of the HUD
  • Spell Shaping
    • Available for Wizard, Druid, Priest, and Chanter classes; this passive ability allows spell casters to adjust the radius of certain AoE spells to increase the power level or area that the spell can reach
  • Magran's Fire Difficulty Additions
    • All Challenges can now be done on any difficulty in the game! Play through with new challenges for a new, interesting game experience
  • New Berath's Blessings
    • ...Can I Pet Him Anyway?
      • The time has come, friends... Edér can now equip a pet
    • Infamous Past
      • Gain the Infamous Captain passive ability and live the life of someone who has survived a mutiny
  • Premade Characters
    • Characters can now be imported to use on various playthroughs through Deadfire. Characters can be chosen in character creation, or by visiting taverns and recruiting them as Adventurers
New Challenges

Berath's Blessings weren't the only thing to get some additions in this patch. Two new challenges have been added with the 3.1 update.​

• Hylea - Vela is rather attached to the Watcher and won't leave your side, the poor thing, so it's up to you to protect her. If you don't, the game ends!
  • Rymrgand - Food will start to expire! Foods like hard tack will expire more slowly, but you should still stay vigilant and ensure a supply of fresh food!
A New Mega Boss

A new Mega Boss can now be challenged! This colossal Ooze is prepared to face some of the strongest teams that dare brave it! Can you discover it's location and take on this fierce enemy?​

Shacknews Feature

For the past few months, Shacknews editor, David L. Craddock, has been interviewing various people past and present associated with both the Infinity Engine games and Pillars of Eternity. From a deep dive into the world of isometric RPG's, Beneath a Starless Sky explores the events that would lead up to Obsidian's foundation and the journey that culminated in the release of Deadfire. Check it out!​

Additionally, Shacknews also published a backstage view of Obsidian before the launch of Deadfire as a part of their inaugural episode in their new "24 'Til Launch" series. Take a look to see some familiar faces you may not have seen in a while.​

[...]​
More information.

It's a decent update; not great. The spell shaping seems like the most useful addition, although premade characters could have some potential depending on how it is implemented. A colossal ooze as a megaboss sounds a bit… tedious. Presumably it has a host of allies and special abilities to make it at least somewhat tactically interesting.

It's a decent update; not great. The spell shaping seems like the most useful addition, although premade characters could have some potential depending on how it is implemented. A colossal ooze as a megaboss sounds a bit… tedious. Presumably it has a host of allies and special abilities to make it at least somewhat tactically interesting.

You can pick up premade characters at taverns where you could normally create your own character. There is one character of every class. So basically if you want a cleric in your party other than Xoti and don't want to waste time on character creation, you can just hire one. Its a feature I'd never use, but I can see the appeal.

Another game that I've not played this year as of yet, I think I was waiting for all the content to hit first. Has that happened as of yet?
Not yet seems the last DLC Forgotten Sanctum has been delayed till November.

Another game that I've not played this year as of yet, I think I was waiting for all the content to hit first. Has that happened as of yet?

nope but i for one could not wait any longer. What a great game !

Not yet seems the last DLC Forgotten Sanctum has been delayed till November.

Forgotten Sanctum was always planned to release in November.

Not according to the DLC roadmap it was between October & November. Even asked on the forums, and the response from Obsidian was it got delayed for more bug fixing.

When they announced the 3 DLCs, a few weeks before the game was released, it was announced coming in November.
Looks like our Obsidian Fanatic Silver-Coin and a obsidian employee was wrong then. So nothing lost as I have haven't play PoE2 yet, and have other games to finish.

Heck I haven't even finished PoE yet either.:biggrin:

It is a great game. If you liked the first one and don't mind the pirate/caribbean setting it is better in every way than the first game (in my opinion) and I've played more than 20 hours and feel like I'm just a fraction of the way through. I'm not sure what the 3rd DCL has to offer, personally I don't think the 2nd DLC added much interesting. Unlike some here, I actually like the new companions. I'm playing with Xoti and Maia Rua and think they are both cool additions. Xoti is more interesting if you have Eder in the party though. They have a lot of interesting banter.

I quite liked the first game, played it through when it first came out, then replayed it maybe a year later after all the additional content hit. Hearing that it's superior to the first game is pretty great, especially from someone like Forgottenlor, so once all the content has landed, I'll truly be diving in!

Yeah, unlike many here I really enjoyed the first game, especially with the white marches expansions. I wish though that they could go back and revise PoE with the expanded skills, multi-classing, and all the other nice additions. That would make it worth another play through.

Forgotten Sanctum is coming in December not November.

The first PoE was my favourite game I played last year. Definitely waiting for part 2 to be fully patched before I jump in so I can experience it in it's full glory.

Not according to the DLC roadmap it was between October & November. Even asked on the forums, and the response from Obsidian was it got delayed for more bug fixing.

Forgotten Sanctum is coming in December not November.

Before PoE2 was released, they said Forgotten Sanctum was coming in November.
Source: https://eternity.obsidian.net/news/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-post-launch-content-announced

After they released the first DLC, Beast of Winter, they posted an updated roadmap that showed Forgotten Sanctum as coming out in December.
Source: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104324-update-53-beast-of-winter-launch-day/

I'm assuming the move from November to December was the "delay"?

If someone is interested in a summary of the roadmap changes:
* One new god challenge, Wodecia - available 2019
* 2 mega bosses no longer coming in November. They have now been split up, first comes with Forgotten Sanctum and second comes later with the Wodecia challenge.

Back
Top Bottom