Throne Wanderer - a sort of Chrono Trigger clone

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/kick...rpg-inspired-by-chrono-trigger-time-wanderer/

Timeless Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign for Time Wanderer. Inspired by all time classics such as Chrono Trigger and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Time Wanderer is a top-down 2D sci-fi action RPG with puzzles, combats, and lots of exploration.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1927802367/time-wanderer-a-sci-fi-time-travel-action-rpg-vide

Can't care less about Nintendo shovelware, but I vaguely remember someone mentioning Chrono Trigger somewhere so this might be of interest to that one.

They don't ask for much $ so that's positive.

Yeah, their goal is pretty small. Looks vaguely interesting, but not enough for me to throw cash at it. I'm a big fan of Chrono Trigger but leery of any projects that claim to be akin to it.

Can't care less about Nintendo shovelware(…)

Chrono Trigger isn't shovelware, Joxer. It's a great game, featuring a lot of endings. I understand you may have some gripes against consoles in general, but there is (good) life among console video games.

Last edited:
Is or was? Wasn't or isn't? :D

Anyway, my disgust with anything Nintendo is known for centuries and I'm just keeping up the evil bastard reputation. :)
That doesn't mean I won't share info that could make JDR, for example, happy. Of course if this was a site newsbit and not a thread I'd keep an opinion for myself, but then again you'd never know there is someone out there that has an opposite opinion on Nintendo raising kids from housewives. ;)

Is or was? Wasn't or isn't? :D

Chrono Trigger wasn't shovelware when it got released in the 1990s, and even now, you can hardly say it is.

Anyway, my disgust with anything Nintendo is known for centuries and I'm just keeping up the evil bastard reputation. :)
That doesn't mean I won't share info that could make JDR, for example, happy. Of course if this was a site newsbit and not a thread I'd keep an opinion for myself, but then again you'd never know there is someone out there that has an opposite opinion on Nintendo raising kids from housewives. ;)

Please you don't need to keep your opinions to yourself, I didn't mean/imply that in my reply above. Actually, nobody here needs to keep opinions for themselves, I personally deem all opinions shard here as valid and worthy.

I was only trying to say to you that Chrono Trigger is/was a remarkable game in its time. Of course, I'm still a PC player but believe me when I say there are great games in consoles as well, even if you dislike them (consoles in general).

Back
Top Bottom