King's Bounty II - Gameplay Trailer

I think this game will be a bit rough around the edges but overall I think it could still be a really enjoyable game. My only complaint from what I've seen is the choice to go with multiple models in battle for the various troops. That results in a bunch of lower poly designs... I prefer the more traditional method of one cool, detailed model for each troop type and just a counter of how many there are... which is to say, the 3d battles look a little underwhelming.

My only complaint is that among three starting characters is stupid paladin for the xth time.
But not archer.

I'll buy the game, but not preorder unless they fix this.

I am not sure what to make of the game so far but I thought the graphics in the clips were decent enough. Not sure I will purchase but keeping an eye on it at least.

This kind of game without multiplayer means it's not for me, sadly.

My only complaint is that among three starting characters is stupid paladin for the xth time.
But not archer.

I agree with you. And that leaves me with the Wizard as the first choice when selecting our char's class.

not bad, not bad at all. Gonna give this one try for sure.
thnx for the vid !

Weird how they've done so much to change things up, but still have the same three player classes.

Surprised about the hate for the paladin. That was the class I chose in the original game, and then both versions of crossworlds, all on the hardest difficulty.

This game looks like Fantasy general 2, or Ascension to the Throne, but it really looks nothing like the king's bounty I know and love. Perhaps I will play it someday, but I don't think I will be in any rush. It just has more of the feel of a wargame than a tactical RPG in my opinion.

This game looks like Fantasy general 2, or Ascension to the Throne, but it really looks nothing like the king's bounty I know and love.

Keep in mind that this isn't a sequel to those King's Bounty games. It's a sequel to the original 1990 game.

That seems like a semantic distinction to me. I played that on my c64 back in the day. It was really hard for me back then. Lots of franchises go in a different direction, of course, like they are choosing to do here. I am going to predict that the sales will be much worse than the Katauri developed ones. But if this turns out to be a great game, I hope I'm wrong!

I think I will be getting this at launch. Will give my thoughts. I've played all the King's Bounties, so may as well keep it going. I really enjoyed the one from New World Computing back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom