Chernobylite - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The survival RPG Chernobylite has been released today on Steam and GOG:

SURVIVE

Ally or compete with other stalkers of the Chernobyl zone to survive. Remember that life is fragile, and it's your decisions that determine the fate of your companions. You can spend as long as you need preparing, however, be aware that your story is still being written. Every passing moment, your chances of success are dwindling: comrades are dying, supplies are running out, or an unexpected patrol could discover you. And on top of all this, supernatural dangers are arising around you in mysterious patterns. Each day brings new challenges with the ever-increasing severity of your current situation. Plan your strategy carefully if you want to survive.

EXPERIENCE

Maintain your resolve and keep your wits about you - the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is not what it once was. No one can foresee the horrors that may have befallen your beloved.

• Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
  • Collaborate or compete with other stalkers of the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember - everybody has a hidden agenda. Always.
  • Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats.
  • Immerse yourself in the thrilling non-linear science-fiction horror story.
  • Make good use of your character's physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies.
  • Fight against the savage creatures pouring from the alternate reality.
  • Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
More information.

Gonna give the game a try tonight hopefully the bugs got fixed from EA.

Well my impression after a few hours isn't that positive. The game is how do I put it confusing. The introduction prologue makes no damn sense. Your just shoved along.

Still the graphics and other areas shine but the game just doesn't grab my attention, or make me want to play more. It's nothing like stalker either more of a horror mystery.

Well my impression after a few hours isn't that positive. The game is how do I put it confusing. The introduction prologue makes no damn sense. Your just shoved along.

Still the graphics and other areas shine but the game just doesn't grab my attention, or make me want to play more. It's nothing like stalker either more of a horror mystery.

I think I've already mentioned that I wasn't impressed when I tried the EA version about a year ago. It focuses more on psychological horror compared to the post-apoc vibe of Stalker. It also seems to be a lot more linear. People expecting an experience similar to Stalker are going to be disappointed.

I'm sad to hear that experience from you both (CouchPotato and JDR13). If it isn't a Stalker-clone, then I think I will pass.

Back
Top Bottom