Queen's Wish - Official Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Queen's Wish: The Conqueror has a new trailer.

The official trailer for Spiderweb Software's new indie role-playing epic, Queen's Wish: The Conqueror. We celebrated 25 years in business with a hugely successful Kickstarter for this game, and it's close to done!

At last, the Queen has given you power and freedom! The cost?

You must rebuild her Empire. Will you? In this epic, indie fantasy adventure, you are free to explore, fight for fame and power, and shape the world as you choose. Escape into an unpredictable open-ended story and cunning tactical combat.

Coming in Fall, 2019 for Windows, Mac, and iOS. Purchase Queen's Wish: The Conqueror at http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/quee...

and wishlist it on Steam at

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058130/Queens_Wish_The_Conqueror/
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Backed the game but this is probably the worst trailer that I have ever seen; "your family loves you - so they are kicking you out". Really!!

Backed the game but this is probably the worst trailer that I have ever seen; "your family loves you - so they are kicking you out". Really!!
Yeah that was pretty cheesy and horrible, but the actual gameplay part of it didn't look too bad. The new graphics don't look as bad as I thought, I can even see how they are an upgrade now in some ways. Mainly what still bugs me is the "display stand" below the feet of everyone in combat.

I've never been a fan of his games, but this looks even worse than his other stuff imo. How can someone develop games for nearly 25 years and show so little improvement over all that time?

I'm sure his fans will still gobble it up though and act like it's some kind of gem.

How can someone develop games for nearly 25 years and show so little improvement over all that time?
If you meant the graphics...it's actually a pretty big improvement? Here's a screenshot from the first Exile game:

exile_shot.gif

If you meant the graphics…it's actually a pretty big improvement? Here's a screenshot from the first Exile game:

Sure. I guess when you're comparing it to something that looks like a C64 game, those SNES-level graphics don't look so bad. ;)

Seriously though, Exile was released in 1995. The level of improvement vs the amount of time that's passed since then is an absolute joke.

Yep same posts about about Jeff Vogel's games once again.:biggrin:

I get it his games could use improvements but like I mentioned before he did and almost went bankrupt. That's why he wont invest a lot of money for upgrades anymore.

Anyway I don't play his games for graphics. I play them for the story and setting. Yet I can't deny if he switched to a modern engine he could make better games.:nod:

Wow what a horrible trailer and the game looks awful. Honestly it looks worse than the Avadon games. I don't know where the Kickstart money for upgrades went. Oh well lots of games to play now.

Yeah that was pretty cheesy and horrible, but the actual gameplay part of it didn't look too bad. The new graphics don't look as bad as I thought, I can even see how they are an upgrade now in some ways. Mainly what still bugs me is the "display stand" below the feet of everyone in combat.

Yes my comment was about the text in the trailer which is cheesy and does not do the game any service.

I am okay with the graphics but still prefer the isometric rather than the top-down view of the older games, and also hate these base-plates below the characters during combat; why? is it to indicate their level of health? they fly like frizbees when they die!

The graphics actually weren't as bad as I expected, but it was a really bad trailer.

Current Queen's Wish looks like somebody barfed all over the screen. It's just horrible!

Here I modded further the already graphically modded Avadon 3 - The Warborn. Now THIS looks like a proper graphics for a Spiderweb RPG!!

13qCFMi.jpg

kq75d3d.jpg

Mercy there is no question his new engine looks like a colossal downgrade. I don’t know what Jeff is thinking. Maybe he is pulling a Lucas in his final years and Queens Wish is the new Phantom Menace. Hopefully the game is amazing to make up for this tragic new look but I’m profoundly disappointed. Nice screens btw. What mods did you apply? What resolution is that? Looks crisper than Escape From the Pit remake or Avadon 2 on my iPad which already looks good out of the box.

It certainly doesn't look good, but fortunately for me, that's a low priority on why I'll play a game. It does beg the question of where the kick starter funds went though, hopefully not wasted on audio or voice acting! I don't regret sponsoring the project, as I know in the end I'll get a game that I can play on day one of release and it will take me days if not weeks to finish.

Mercy there is no question his new engine looks like a colossal downgrade. I don’t know what Jeff is thinking. Maybe he is pulling a Lucas in his final years and Queens Wish is the new Phantom Menace. Hopefully the game is amazing to make up for this tragic new look but I’m profoundly disappointed. Nice screens btw. What mods did you apply? What resolution is that? Looks crisper than Escape From the Pit remake or Avadon 2 on my iPad which already looks good out of the box.
Link to download: Ava3 Bovine mod
http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/topic/23718-mod-secret-bovine-society-ava3/

Then I changed 12 UI files. Wanted to publish it as a further graphics expansion for ZorroDragonslayer's well loved Bovine mod, but Alas I have a party-based, turn-based classic RPG renewal to finish for Steam!!

Although i quite enjoyed the Avadon games and some of his older ones, i am skeptical about this one. When i heard he would make a game in a new engine, i didn't expect Pillars II level of graphics but i expected something decent.

This does indeed look far worse than the previous games. I don't know what went wrong there. It's a massive blurry thing.....oh well

I agree with Mercy, the new graphics look more like a downgrade than anything else. "Verschlimmbessert" as we say in Germany.

Gonna play it anyway, though...

Back
Top Bottom