What is your Prediction About Fallout 4?

It will be a good game but fall short of great ( but eventually achieve greatness due to mods) and the usual suspects will spam every thread about it to tell us how buggy and terrible it is.

It depends on the game for me. The Witcher 3 had a lot of hype, and it didn't disappoint.
LOL if TW3 had hype I don't know what to call what happened (and is still happening) with Destiny. ;)

I predict that the initial game won't be quite as fun as the game I put together myself via mods.

What I can't predict is whether I'll want to play this using good old 3D Vision or a shiny, new VR headset.

My biggest fear is a lack of challenge. Fallout 3 without mods was way too easy, and I've got a feeling that FO4 is going to be even less challenging.
A lot of games have that problem - though the difficulty right at the start is often good. Many games these days start out hard or at least challenging but turn into a cakewalk after a dozen hours or so. I still don't know why game companies are doing that.

P.S. I need to take lessons on how to do quests from Joxer - that wheel looks like fun!

I wasen't a big fan of the way the dialouge is and the fact that the main character has a voice either …

This is one of the things I find off-putting. I've liked all the Fallout games and I expect this one will have an interesting world to explore, but the voiced protagonist / cut scenes might get annoying and keep pulling you out of character. I enjoyed the way Bethesda games were all in first person perspective with a focus on the exploration rather than cut scenes etc. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised with it though.

I expect it to be good, but really buggy at launch. Bethesda seem to be better now than they were when Fallout 3 (and Oblivion) was released, so I expect it to be better than Fallout 3, though not as good as New Vegas.

I'll be happy if the exploration is as good as it was in FO3.

Despite its faults, I thought FO3 had a fantastic map to explore, and that's my primary concern in a game like this. I thought FO3 was superior to FO:NV in that aspect. Though to be fair, I've never fully played through NV.

Bethesda will do a great job with building an interesting world, and as usual the engine will be great for mods.

But, I also expect the story and writing in general to be subpar (though better than 3).

I predict it will be a bland grind that will still easily hook people for 200 hours, like Skyrim. Everything will scale up nicely and look pretty. There will be some good writing here and there, and some nice ideas, but overall won't hold together well.

I predict it won't have really different approaches to each quest although it will look as if it does. I.E, you'll make lots of meaningless choices that will translate to you getting one item or another, or one NPC dies instead of another, but not really game-changing as it was in FO1.

I predict it won't have really different approaches to each quest although it will look as if it does. I.E, you'll make lots of meaningless choices that will translate to you getting one item or another, or one NPC dies instead of another…

Are we talking about Bethesda or Bioware? :)

I stopped playing Witcher 3 (with about 200 hours) about 2 months ago and have been playing basically nothing but HOGs. I look forward to Fallout 4 and all you nattering nabobs of negativity will not dissuade me.

:)

Oh, and I predict a good ol time with Fallout 4.

Back
Top Bottom