Hellpoint - tinyBuild to Publish

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gematsu Hellpoint will be published by tinyBuild.

tinyBuild will publish Hellpoint, a sci-fi action RPG set in the aftermath of a “massive quantum cataclysm” developed by Cradle Games, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux (Steam) in 2019, the company announced.

[...]
More information.

Too derivative. Why not make something a bit more unique?

Sci-fi level design is almost never any fun..

For some reason i really like System Shock 1-2 though, i'm not sure it has to do with nostalgia or something else, but their games feels like a real place where things exists because they would make sense to the people who live(lived) there. This really adds to its atmosphere. It's not just dark rooms with crates and some rooms with lava pools etc (who wouldn't want a lava pool, but...)

So, it is now an official sub genre!!! What do we call it Dark Souls-like? Roguelike is easier to say but, it is the truest name. Hmmm. Gotta be like 20 of these games now.

Sci-fi level design is almost never any fun..

For some reason i really like System Shock 1-2 though, i'm not sure it has to do with nostalgia or something else, but their games feels like a real place where things exists because they would make sense to the people who live(lived) there. This really adds to its atmosphere. It's not just dark rooms with crates and some rooms with lava pools etc (who wouldn't want a lava pool, but…)

Vurt, you need to play Prey. No grass, flowers, trees or shrubbery, but best goddamn level design in video games.

Vurt, you need to play Prey. No grass, flowers, trees or shrubbery, but best goddamn level design in video games.

Yes indeed, i really need to play Pray! I still haven't bought it but ever since i heard about it being a bit like System Shock i knew i had to play it. It's on my Steam Wishlist.

Too derivative. Why not make something a bit more unique?

While its not the most creative game I have to disagree.

Read RPGWatch interview, there is said a lot:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/hellpoint-interview-409.html

- dynamic event system tied to black hole
- you can adjust range, damage or size of your powers/spell using sliders
- NPCs can be trapped in mind vessels
- puzzles - rooms that you have to search and figure out how they work
- you can trap enemies in airlock and blown them away etc

So, it is now an official sub genre!!! What do we call it Dark Souls-like? Roguelike is easier to say but, it is the truest name. Hmmm. Gotta be like 20 of these games now.
Yeah some developers are trying to cash in on the Dark Souls trend.:nod:
And none of them are fun for me.
Me to I see inspired by them and instantly go sorry not interested.:puke:

Yes indeed, i really need to play Pray! I still haven't bought it but ever since i heard about it being a bit like System Shock i knew i had to play it. It's on my Steam Wishlist.
Don't feel bad as I didn't play the new Prey game either, but current information on the internet claims it didn't sell well. Bethesda even scrapped funding for the sequel.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...stuck-between-two-competing-ideologies/67581/

Things aren't looking good for Arkane right now.

Last edited:
You are making me eager to play it too now. It was on my steam wishlist, but mentioning best level design I might need to move it up. I can't have it, not just yet, not until I finish DAI and it comes by in a sale. :(

Back
Top Bottom